Question - Rem 700 Classic .264 WM

I'm sure some will disagree but In this day and age I find building off 700's pretty much pointless with the action options that are out there today.
Let's say you pick up a donor for 400 bucks. Now you have it blueprinted (300.00 ish) or you decide to put in a PTG one piece bolt (311.00) or have a side bolt release installed, get the bolt times, or have a mini m-16 extractor Installed, or get the bolt fluted etc. Pretty soon if your not careful you end up with a 1000.00 action that still says Remington on the side.

You can buy a Defiance Tenacity or Bighorn Origin for less and have much better resale value and more then likely a better action.

Or find a deal on a Tikka and spin a prefit 6.5 PRC on it or have your Smith chamber you a barrel in 6.5 saum and pretty much match .264 wm performance

Late joining in. But I bought three of these when they came out. One went to my brother, I hunt with one and one stayed unfired. Both my brothers and mine have always shot very good and today I still have more faith in it than any other rifle I own ( which includes 264wm with 26 inch tube). I have often said, it's the gun I pull out when something absolutely has to die. I have shot everything from 85 grain sierras to 140 Bergers in it and have always been able to find a .5 inch load for all of them. I have settled for the last several years on 120 Nosler BT for whitetails and have had exceptional results. Even after all this time, the gun will still shoot around .5 with this load. Buy it, shoot it and don't worry about the barrel length. You will love it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts