Question on 30 cal 210 accubond long range pills,whats wrong with them.

IMO, it's at least partially because they're pretty expensive @ about $1 per shot and have been very difficult to find in stock.

I ran them in a Savage LRH 300WM back when they first came out and were only about $0.60 each (still expensive at that time). I initially had some good luck with them on targets, but they seemed very finicky or perhaps lot to lot variable, as my preferred load just went off the rails at one point and I stopped using them. Also, early on, the B.C. that was quoted (~0.700 G1) was pretty inflated, though it's been updated to a more realistic 0.661 G1 now.

Thanks for the reply,Iwas curious bought a bunch when they came out thinking they would great for elk but my abolt did not like them at all and havent tried them in any other gun, The rifle was a300 wim with a 1 in 10 twist.

I, having tested them exhaustively the same week they landed on our shelves, will say they are an excellent bullet if you use them as intended…at long range.
To date, I have tested them in 6.5mm 129g and 142g out of 2 cartridges, being the 6.5x47 Lapua and the 264WM custom throated fast twist. The 7mm 168g and 175g in 7STW. The 30 210g out of 300WM and 300 RUM. The 33 in 285g out of the 338-06, 338WM and 338-416 Rigby Improved 45° and 338 Edge.
Have not had one fail, all animals hit with them have died right now, the only animal that appeared not at all phased by an impact was a large Red deer stag, no reaction to the first hit although there was blood spurting out each side of the animal, the second shot dropped him right there and that was that. Hit was ranged at 880 metres.
Of all the hits, in all cals/weights tested, the closest hit was at roughly 470 metres but was a steep downhill shot in New Zealand with the 129g out of my 6.5x47. Muzzle velocity was just under 2800fps from the 30" barrel.
If you are hunting long range, have tested seating depth, they like a bit of jump, then I would recommend them. They are finicky if you don't test seating depth, this is why many rubbish them and don't test them adequately and get toted as poor groupers, which simply doesn't matter that much for hunting, as long as the first shot is on the money each time…

Cheers.

I don't know if this generalized statement is true but it seems the ABLR are difficult, if not impossible, to find a consistent load for.

^^^^^That was my experience with ABLR bullets too.^^^^^

The interesting part is that the regular Accubond bullets were very easy to find accurate loads for. They also killed reliably. I use the few ABLR bullets that are still floating around my reloading bench for barrel fouling loads.

My experience exactly. Back in the early eightys used them in my old rem 7mm accually worked very well with the 160 grn .Very consistent and deadly . guess I expected more from the 210. Oh well maybe someone can use them.Ill stick whith the 180 HH

I use them. They perform great but they're pretty expensive. I think a lot of people still have some salt in their wounds from the controversy around them when they first came out. They claimed something like .730 BC, but people noted they dropped a lot more than they should. Turned out they straight up lied about the BC, and turned out to be closer to .6xx than .730 or whatever it was.

They took more tweaking than I'm used to to get them to shoot well. They also have a thinner jacket than other hunting bullets and tend to fly apart above 3000fps. So they perform wonderfully at range but if you're using them in a big magnum, they don't have as good of performance as the partition or regular accubonds at sub 200m.

When a bunch of people have even their own one problem with it, people will see those and think that everyone will have all of those problems with them, and they get a bad rep.

I use them in my 30-06 because I couldn't get them to shoot in my 30-378 I bought them for (they really don't like that much freebore) and they shoot well at the 2600 or so I'm getting (I'd have to check my notes as I've been primarily shooting 180's for a while now) and on deer/elk they expand perfectly at the low speeds I'm pushing them. But they're finicky and expensive, there's better bullets in the same price range, and there's cheaper bullets that do the same thing. I'd personally suggest sticking with partition/accubonds and staying away from at least the 210 ABLR. I've never used the 190's or non 30 cals so no opinion on those.

I shoot the ABLR in 6.5, 7mm and 30 and all of them group very well and are deadly on game. I have been very pleased with the performance they offer. If you can find them, and your gun likes them, if you do your part on the shot, the will take care of the rest.