Question for Imperial Dry Neck Lube users

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW Hunter

If you are using the lube on bullets while seating, would you get inconsistent bullet release if you don't apply the same amount of lube to each bullet?

So do you think you can get inconsistent bullet release if the lube amount is inconsistent? That's the question...

So do you think you can get inconsistent bullet release if the lube amount is inconsistent? That's the question...
You mean whether or not dipping the neck in the media once as opposed to 4 or 5 times would have any effect on bullet release? 🤔

Just wondering if the lube amount was different between bullets (if it is possible) would you get inconsistent bullet release. That's all...

Just wondering if the lube amount was different between bullets (if it is possible) would you get inconsistent bullet release. That's all...

Gotcha. Interesting question. Would be neat to see just how this could be tested and what the results would be...

I use the Redding "kit" with the tiny beads. Mainly use for straightening new case mouths. I have dipped the bullets when neck tension is tight

Use dry lube in the neck for sizing. I don't wipe it out, but don't dip bullets in it. Good dies should control good neck tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.