Imperial redding dry lube graphite

ohiohunter

Does anyone use this? I was hoping to use it for a cleaner process, but was disappointed when I heard you still need to lube the body. So after I found out this small detail I was thinking about using this inside my necks before I seat the bullet, kind of like NeoLube. I've read this can help reduce ES.

Has anyone tried this?

I use it and love it. I lube my necks prior to resizing, then I lube them again prior to bullet seating. I don't think it helps reduce ES as much tuning a load, but it sure helps for nice smooth seating. I also believe it works as a barrier between the bullet and the neck to reduce cold welding over time helping to provide a more uniform release when fired.

I use it and love it. I lube my necks prior to resizing, then I lube them again prior to bullet seating. I don't think it helps reduce ES as much tuning a load, but it sure helps for nice smooth seating. I also believe it works as a barrier between the bullet and the neck to reduce cold welding over time helping to provide a more uniform release when fired.

Awww yes, the infamous cold weld. Almost forgot that was the main reason! Do you not FL size?

I run all my cases through a FL die. I dip the cases into the dry lube, rub a little Hornady Unique case lube on the cases and run them through. Smooth as butter.

I use it to lube my case necks after I rub redding imperial lube on the body.

I always clean out the inside of the case necks after. I worry that it would lower the friction between the neck and bullet too much and the bullets might slip under recoil.

Would be interesting to see if I left the graphite in the neck if I were to get any more consistent ES. I guess I could also measure seating depth of bullets in the magazine to see if they slip.

I use it to lube my case necks after I rub redding imperial lube on the body.

I always clean out the inside of the case necks after. I worry that it would lower the friction between the neck and bullet too much and the bullets might slip under recoil.

Would be interesting to see if I left the graphite in the neck if I were to get any more consistent ES. I guess I could also measure seating depth of bullets in the magazine to see if they slip.

I apply the Unique lube after the the neck lube because the ceramic beads stick to the wax if it's already on the case. So I reversed the two steps.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.