Put a recipe here

Discussion in 'Cooks' Corner' started by ken snyder, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ken snyder

ken snyder Well-Known Member

Please!

2. TxHillCountry

TxHillCountry Member

You want venison or duck?

3. bronco

bronco Well-Known Member

Shanks Montana

Shanks Montana
    This is my version inspired by one of my game cookbooks. Do it bone in or out. I prefer off bone with 2 bones in the pot for flavor. It is best served over wild rice or mashed potatoes with good crusty bread. I like it with roasted vegetables or green beans on the side. Pair with an Oktoberfest beer or spicy red wine and you are in for a treat.

2-4 Venison Shanks (depending on the size of the animal and/or pot capacity)
    1 large Onion, chopped
    1 8oz can Tomato Sauce
    1 cup Water
    ½ cup Sherry Cooking Wine
    ¼ cup Brown Sugar
    2 Tbsp Bacon Drippings or oil
    1 Tbsp Beef Bouillon paste or 2 cubes
    1 sprig fresh Rosemary or ½ tsp dried
    1 sprig fresh Thyme or ½ tsp dried
    Flour
    Salt and Pepper

Wash and pat dry shanks. Remove excess silver skin. Heat up bacon drippings in a large cast iron Dutch oven over medium heat. Season meat with salt and pepper and then dredge in flour. Lightly brown the shanks. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over browned shanks. Add water, if required, to cover the shanks. Simmer the meat, tightly covered for 2 ½ hours or until they are tender. Remove meat and reduce sauce to taste. Return the meat to the sauce and serve warm.

Enjoy,
    Matt

4. Dskiper

Dskiper Well-Known Member

hello,here is potroast recipe:3-4lb. game or beef roast. spread 2cans of Cambelle's onion soup all over roast o heavy duty foil. Springle pepper, 2 pks. of onion soup mix all over.Add fresh garlic or powdered.wrap secure so liguid will not escape.put in pan& oven for 2.5-3hrs. serve over toast or plain. Unbelievablely good!! Can add beacon strips to game!! Dskiperlightbulb