Antelope Recipe

Discussion in 'Cooks' Corner' started by buffalorancher, May 27, 2007.

1. buffalorancher

buffalorancher Writers Guild

I was just getting some steaks out of the freezer tonight and noticed there are still a couple of Antelope tenderloins from last fall. Does anyone have a good/easy recipe? I am always up for a new recipe so I thought I would see if anyone out there has anything interesting.
    Thanks
    Lance

2. 52449

52449 Well-Known Member

Try wrapping them in bacon like fillet mignon. Or slow cooked in a covered pan (until spuds are done) with potatoes, carrots and onions. Can get a little dry so might want to add gravy from a packet or jar. You can slice them thin and cook with onion and peppers. Perhaps garlic. Add tomato soup (no additional water) and italian seasoning. Serve over pasta. I think pronghorn is one of the tastiest things I've ever had so I like to keep it simple. An old goat might be a little strong so extra seasoning might be in order. The young ones are just delicious!

3. justgoharder

justgoharder Well-Known Member

chicken fried antelope steaks - that's my favorite! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

On impulse one day I bought a bottle of A-1 steak sauce marinade and it is good for baking meat in the oven in a covered pan. I think the marinade is just regular A-1 with water added so I am not going to buy the marinade any more, instead I will just water down the regular stuff.