• Precision Gun Drilled, Reamed and Honed
  • Pull Button Rifled
  • Stress Relieved
  • Polished
  • Hand Lapped
  • Bore and Land Inspected on Video Borescope
  • Sheffield Air Gage Inspection to .0001″ on Bore and Rifle Land Variation
  • Chamber is indicated within .0001″ or less – to the bore of the rifle
I saw how these barrels shoot and they a one hollers.
I am a cut rifle barrel person, but these barres do shoot extremely well and will give them a try.

Pulled button is superior to pushed button due to the forces involved when pushed can tip the button making it thin on one side and thicker on the other by a thou' or two.
No tipping or bending of the button shaft can occur when being pulled, the load isn't going to overload anything pulling the shaft.
I have used several match grade pulled button barrels that were hand lapped and they shoot extremely well.

Cheers.

I've used Lilja barrels for my last couple barrels and have another one I'll be chambering in 7mm Rem Mag as soon as my reamer comes in. Lilja barrels are hand lapped and pull buttoned. They've personally been great for me, but I have limited experience compared to some. We have installed a good bit of Lilja barrels at Pierce over the last couple years along with Brux, Bartlein, Krieger, Proofs, and we haven't had any negative feedback on the Liljas. They've also proven themselves to gunsmiths that I value their opinions on when it comes to these topics.

I personally think the whole cut rifled vs button rifled thing is over done and the merits of cut rifling and the downfalls of button rifling are often exaggerated. Both methods can make junk or make match winning barrels. It comes down to the people making them, the tooling, the process, the lot of steel, and the guy chambering it. I currently have x2 Bartleins, x2 Liljas, and a Brux. I haven't shot the Brux yet, but the others all shoot and I can't tell a difference in ease of cleaning, ease of finding a load, bore finish, etc.

What barrel manufacturer are you referencing?

Any thoughts on Pulled Button Rifling.
The process:
  • 416RQ Stainless Steel
  • Precision Gun Drilled, Reamed and Honed
  • Pull Button Rifled
  • Stress Relieved
  • Polished
  • Hand Lapped
  • Bore and Land Inspected on Video Borescope
  • Sheffield Air Gage Inspection to .0001″ on Bore and Rifle Land Variation
  • Chamber is indicated within .0001″ or less – to the bore of the rifle
I saw how these barrels shoot and they a one hollers.
I am a cut rifle barrel person, but these barres do shoot extremely well and will give them a try.
Who's the barrel maker in your post?

Aren't these the barrels that don't even arrive in the correct twist?
Either way, only cut rifled for me.
I have never received a pulled button barrel with the wrong twist…but I also have only used reputable makers like Hart, Lijla and a couple of custom makers here in Australia, TSE and Maddco.
My cut rifled barrels have mostly been Bartlein, but prior to losing my business, I had sourced Brux blanks.

Cheers.

They talk about it here

This whole thing cut vrs button is B.S.
Good barrel is a good barrel.
You only cut guys have no idea how many button barrels are winning some big matches out there.
I saw a kreiger that had inclusions after 200 rounds that weren't there brand new so whos fault is that?
The very first thing you gotta have is good steel no matter if its cut or button.
Junk steel = junk barrel. That being said barrel makers can't control the steel 100%

Jud96 i believe these last 3 or 4 years Carson has brought Lilja to the next level.
The results at D.C. speak for themselves.
The vast majority of use dont even have the equipment to shoot the difference.