PSE X-Force GX LongDraw 2009

Buffalobob

It has been a long wait and there is still more waiting to be done. PSE got backlogged on orders for the X-Force and went to extra shifts and weekends. About 10 days ago they started machining the left hand risers and putting the left hand bows together. This is probably one of the very first of the 2009s. While I do everything else right handed I shoot a bow left-handed. As a boy growing up in backwoods Alabama, the bows I had I mostly made myself so I learned to shoot by myself and my style is not much like anything you will find in the books. I kill a lot of deer while they are rolling around on the ground laughing.

The PSE X-Force LD has an 8 ½ inch brace height which is good for a long draw, short ATA bow. The bow has an IBO speed of 334-342fps, 80% LO and 70# pull. The candy cane strings are Americas Best.

It was supposed to be a 31 inch draw but they sent a 32. Fortunately I had some small amount of foresight (kind of like stocking up on Wildcat bullets) and ordered a 30 inch draw module so I could use a string loop and release or fingers. So I will just install the module and string loop and shoot a release until they send the correct 31 inch module.

The wait is not over as Trophy Ridge also believes left handed shooters are second class citizens. Maybe I can cobble together a rest from another bow.

With a good hat and a good T-shirt, I am sure the bow will shoot great.

Xforce5.jpg

Xforce3.jpg

Ah....the smell of a new bow! I used to shoot competitatively and got a new factory bow every spring, it was like Christmas all over again.

Enjoy getting to know that baby Jim! Your givin' me the itch........................:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.