Project almost complete

300 ultra

Here's the specs 7OO BDL action Trued, 300 RUM 27" Stainless fluted barrel, Holland Brake, Holland recoil lug, Wyatts Magazine, HS Precision stock, Factory trigger to 2LBS, New spring minus J lock, DNZ One piece scope rings, Swarovski A line 4x12x50 Duplex, built by Loren Peters in Washington state. Heres my question It has a blued action and a stainless barrel. I prefer the stainless look and am wondering if the Duracoat or Cerakote finish in stainless will match the barrel or do I need to do the action and barrel ? Coated that is. And who do you recommend in the northwest. I have seen a blued action with a bead blasted stainless barrel and to me it looks goofy.:rolleyes:

I am fairly new to long range hunting and I have been trying to find a gunsmith in Washington state. Where is Loren Peters located and are you happy with his work?

thanks,

KK

He came recommended to me and he seems knowledgeable. His Daughter is Laura Goetsch who is a National champion shooter. I dont have much knowledge on competition shooting but I know he builds her guns for competition shooting. His prices are the best I found also. Hes not on any forums or internet but if you want his number you can pm me.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.