KIRBY SMILING (ALMOST)

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Shawn Carlock, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Everyone gives Kirby so much crap about not smiling I thought I would post this. It is a a near smile. I had hoped all week we hunted together to get the ultimate trophy photo a smiling Kirby shot but a guy would have to be quick and stealthy. All kidding a side he is a funny guy and great to hunt with. Oh yea the deer is OK also.
    [​IMG]

2. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Is he smiling or is it just gas?--just a little baby humor!

3. Dan B

Dan B Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Is he smiling or is it just gas?--just a little baby humor!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha!! The smile usually comes after a substantial "movement". Kirby will learn that soon enough...if he has not already!

Some LR handgunners on this site know me and give me flack over the same issue..."not smiling" that is.

Dan (just changed a poopy diaper) B.

4. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

Come on boys! Give the man a break. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We can say he really is smiling, it's all over his face. Shawn, if you care answering my question, did you ever see Kirby laughing... and if you did, did he have more of a smile on his face than what he's got on the picture? Gents, I believe this it, it just won't get better than that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Kirby, if you read this, did your friends pick on you when growing up as a kid for not smiling? Thanks Shawn for the picture, it's Kirby's best that I've seen. Nice photo, good smile, nice buck!

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Just couldn't resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

This otta quiet the scoffers a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

Sorry about the water mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

to me it looks more like a cheese steak hoagie is laying just in front of the deer!

7. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Once you get to rolling around on the floor with a little rug rat and reading bedtime stories you wind up getting alot of practice smiling and laughing. I expect by this time next year Kirby will be pretty good at smiling and just out right laughing.

8. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Sambo3006,

I thought the same damn thing when I saw that picture!!! Almost fell off the chair laughing when I read your post!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

9. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Roy,

OK, that just is flat out scary!!!

Thanks for the example of why I do not smile for the cameras!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

10. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

My wife and I are expecting our first child in May so I should probably just keep my mouth shut! Maybe by then Kirby will have invented the Allen Magnum diaper with greater capacity than standard ones. Put me first on the order list! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. Takman

Takman Well-Known Member

I noticed the buck is not smiling. Must of had a bad day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

If you listen to the video real carfully you can hear me say just before Kirby shoots, "today isn't looking good for you" and just after the hit, "tommorrow isn't looking to hot either".

13. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

I -like Dave noticed "that 1000yd stare".But here's what crossed my mind.
    Imagine a little caption beside Fifty's head

''--yah these allen magnums are badass ,BUT----i'm gonna to talk to Richard Graves and see if he could build me some 60 caliber bullets --maybe 1200-1400grs VULD.?What case could i use to push them 3000fps ?Which action -could i carry it?That's my guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but i've been wrong before.
    Nice buck too.--Mike

14. James H

James H Well-Known Member

That is is a perfect example of a S**t eat'n grin.

In case anyone is not familiar with the phrase it is not derogitory in any way and I would be happy to explain it if you like.