Product recommendation to all-Nortwest Precision Muzzle Brakes

WildRose

Guys I found these brakes on ebay a year or so back and bought one. I was very impressed with the price and liked the design because of it's similarity to one I already had that came on a rifle I'd purchased from another member here.

$(KGrHqYOKpcFJ1zgwZ+vBSenr3MGI!~~60_12.JPG

They make two versions, one where the rear holes are two rows of three small holes running vertically and the other where those holes are two large "slots". I bought the slotted version because it just looked to me like they'd offer better muzzle flip reduction. Since I really like to see my impacts that is very important to me.

Over the last year I'd bought several of them to go on different project rifles and just saved them up figuring I'd have a buddy put them on when he got his new shop opened.

Well he had a lot of delays so they just accumulated in a pile in a box.

I'd installed one already just to try it on a rifle that was already threaded for it and was very impressed with the recoil and muzzle flip reduction and have recommended them to a few other guys here over the last year since. They too had been pleased.

Well I just decided to go ahead and have them installed on a 300wm Mod 70 "Extreme Weather", a Ruger M77 MKII in .375 Ruger, a Mod 70 classic with a whippy light barrell in 300Rum, and a Sendero type/wt custom. The Latter was not yet ready but the rest were when I was in Lubbock yesterday so I picked those three up and went out to give them all a ride today.

I did a lot of shooting with all three rifles, something over 45rds in an hour and a half and guys I'm here to tell you I am immensely impressed.

Felt recoil was just not an issue at all with any of the three and muzzle flip was so minimal seeing my impacts even as close as 100 and 200yds was no problem whatsoever. I did take a handful of shots out to 600 as well with the Rum and WM and proved my impression on muzzle flip was dead on accurate.

I have no connection whatsoever to the company but particularly for those of you who are working on a tight budget I cannot recommend this muzzle break highly enough.

Good people there, very easy to do business with, a great product and a ridiculously reasonable price.

They are not a sponsor of this site so linking to their site would be rude I think but you can find them on Ebay or just google "Northwest Precision Muzzle Breaks" and you will find them with ease.

I honestly cannot believe I shot that many rounds through those heavy recoiling relatively light rifles and enjoyed it and hours later am not feeling the least bit of soreness.

Give them a try, I don't think you'll be the least bit disappointed.

Forgot to add. Much like the Snowy Mountain Brake which is of a very similar design this brake is also very easy on the ears should you find yourself in a situation where you forgot to put your ears on or just had no time to do so. Not that eye bleeding ear rupturing super sharp crack that you get with a lot of brakes.

To be honest, the way the blast and noise are directed around and forward of the shooter it seems to be less abusive on the shooter's ears than shooting the same rifle without a brake.

Question - did they come with crush washers so that you could clock them correctly on your rifle, or didn't you worry about that when you installed them?

I'm looking for one that I can install on a rifle that already has a brake, but want not to have holes in the bottom like I do now.

Question - did they come with crush washers so that you could clock them correctly on your rifle, or didn't you worry about that when you installed them?

I'm looking for one that I can install on a rifle that already has a brake, but want not to have holes in the bottom like I do now.
No I got them partially finished, just threaded and then took to my gunsmith in Lubbock to have them fitted and timed. Not a bad deal, he just charged 75.00 each for that and turning them down to match the barrel.

He teaches gunsmithing at the local tech college and the students did them which sadly you can tell.

I have another buddy that's a real artist/gunsmith I'll have get them perfect when he has time.

If you want to go your route though you can get the crush washers from Brownells or Midway.

I did a bunch more shooting with all three of them today and same result.

I could not be happier.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.