Problem with nxs hs turret

lamiglas

my scope is zeroed perfectly and numbers 1 through 5 match perfectly, but after that the line lines start to not match up. by the number 10 it's off by about half a line. has anyone else had this problem? I believe its tracking correctly and that it is a problem with the lines on the cap
rather than the adjustment value because the lines get closer again and by the time I'm back to 0 or 20 minutes basically 1 revolution. I called nightforce and of course they will take care of it but I have to send it in. from the sounds of it they have not heard of this problem.

Last edited:
Of all the NXS scopes I have owned I have never seen this. But they were all 10 moa turrets. Is this a new HS 20 moa turret?

Jeff

Last edited:
sounds like it is Jeff...

I own 3 of the same model and haven't seen it on mine.

Why not ask them to just mail you a new elevation turret and try that first ?

sounds like it is Jeff...

I own 3 of the same model and haven't seen it on mine.

Why not ask them to just mail you a new elevation turret and try that first ?

OOps. re-reading I see that now.

I would shoot a 100 yard group and then crank it up at least 20 moa and shoot again using the same point of aim. Should be 20 x 1.047" or 20.94" higher on the paper now. Use a big piece of cardboard and go for 30 moa too. At 30 moa up it should be 31.41" higher. Then you will know if it is tracking properly. If not you can tell them this info when you send it in.

Jeff

I will be confirming that it tracks correctly and if it does I will wait until after season. If it doesnt I gueas I will have to send it in. my first questionwas if they c ok uld just send me a turret Nd he said unfortunately no because they would need to make sure there was nothing else wrong. He said they would make sure that portion of adjustment wasnt off somhow etc. basically to help the customer fully they wouldnt want to do it halfway and leave room for any error. I will keep you guys inFormed

Took it over to defensive edge this morning and had shawn carlock look at it. He agreed that it appears the adj value is correct and its just the engraving in the cap that is off.

I just want to follow up on this and let you all know how it went. first, i did check to make sure the adjustment was working properly and it was. second, i took the scope/gun into shawn carlock and he called nightforce. they told him to put on a new cap and if he could tell conclusively that this was the problem that they would send a new cap. ( i guess they have heard of him, as they trusted his judgment without any question)

i took it back to shawn and he put one of his own turret caps on. it tracked perfectly with the new cap, so without a doubt, it was just the engraving that was messed up and not the adjustment system.

I took the gun/scope out with the new turret and shot steel at various ranges to confirm once again that everything was working correctly and it is!

my dad used this scope/gun to kill a bull elk on 10/10/11 at 950 yards!

anyway just a plug for shawn at defensive edge, he let me keep his own personal turret cap to use, and said that he would deal with sending the other back and having nightforce replace it. I didnt even purchase this scope from shawn, and i cant say how much it was appreciated.

i am surprised that this scope made it out of the shop with all of the tests they put there scope through.

have a great day!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.