Primers? Powder?

There are a couple of companies that let you place a backorder that bills when shipped. I usually don't buy powder/primers from Brownell's/Sinclair but they allowed B.O. on the powder I am using for competition. Since I was running critically low I ordered a couple of 8lb jugs as a backorder from Brownell's a couple of months back. I was notified yesterday that they shipped. The price was not out of line either. IIRC Midsouth Shooter's Supply may also allow backorders.

EDIT- Midway will allow backorders with billing when shipped. Brownell's gave me an 'in stock' notice and I was able to order the 8lb jugs I was looking for 2 mos. ago.
None of those are allowing for backorders at this time

I have found primers locally here pretty easy. Plus I got a hookup from a guy on here that knew someone else selling a ton of reloading stuff! Now I got enough primers and powder for the next few years! Unless I start shooting more, which I definitely am going to be shooting more once I start doing more detailed muzzle brake testing and videos on shooting off tripods in various positions! But hey, I have the stuff to shoot more now, so why not!?

If you was closer I could help u out. I went to gun shop Friday . He had 4 or 5 pds varget in stock. I think the price was 35.00 a pd.

I have ran the website train looking for primers, varget, and Reloader 26. I think I may have a better chance at finding a real unicorn. 😔

Go to armslist.com. You will find powder options. Some people sell reasonably. Others will try to gouge You. I saw a decent amount of powder and primers for sale. Good luck

Sportsmans warehouse has had primers on sale for $23-$28 since March. Its hit or miss, but if you're passing by a store stop in. If you're picky its tough, but if you just want small rifle you may surprise yourself. Walked away from small rifle mags last week, didn't need anymore than I have. Now small pistol....

Finally received my shipment from Midsouth, order was placed on 9/18, included 1lb of RL16 and one of the fairy dust, N570.. I did not realize I already had two pounds of RL16 and now three, plus two pounds of H4350, all for the 6.5 Creed, but only 200 Berger bullets. I should not need anymore powder until sometime next year or later.. I purchased the N570 to try in my 28N, I have five pounds of RL33, but was never able to come across the fairy dust to try, hope my 28N likes it as much as others I have read.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.