Primers for a 204

Bitman

I'm new to reloading, and haven't even shot my new gun yet.
I'm getting everything together to reload, right now.
How important is it to use Bench or Match primers for shooting P.dogs?
My local supplier has several 1000 of the CCI, small rifle primers, but no bench primers.
I don't remember if they where magnum or regular, does that matter?
I was thinking I should just buy all he has, and be happy.
Your thoughts please.
Thanks, Dave

I'm new to reloading, and haven't even shot my new gun yet.
I'm getting everything together to reload, right now.
How important is it to use Bench or Match primers for shooting P.dogs?
My local supplier has several 1000 of the CCI, small rifle primers, but no bench primers.
I don't remember if they where magnum or regular, does that matter?
I was thinking I should just buy all he has, and be happy.
Your thoughts please.
Thanks, Dave
Others will query this statement, but, the primer has the least effect on accuracy in comparison to any other component.

Now, I always use 'match' primers in my long range handloads, either magnum or standard, depending on the cartridge in question, only for the sake that I know they are a 'match' primer.
These are what I recommend, Federal being my preferred brand.

I do not believe that you require a 'magnum' primer in your 204, but it doesn't hurt to try the same load with both to see which is more accurate, or which gives the least in ES's and SD's, working up both individually of course.
If all you can get is CCI, then go for it, it won't matter what brand you use, just don't mix and match, settle on one brand and stick with it.
Cheers.
MagnuManiac.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.