Primers for 7mm Rem Mag

7mm Rem Mag

I suggest The Federal 215GM Match primer...excellent with
160 TSX and Reloader 25 @ 70.0.

If it is a mag rifle use Mag primers....certain with large powder loads like the 7mm Mag and slow powders.

I think you answered your own question. Keep good noted for the future I see a trend with my rifles. Often 215 or cci mags shoot similar with slower powders.(for me) Several of my rifles shoot best with CCI Mags when I used R-22. Dont write off a load until you try different primers as you saw with the 210's. When I get a good load and tune seating depth the last thing I do is swap primers and see if any tighten it up more or drop SD. Take it for what its worth, some people will tell you what to use (which will often be correct or put you in the righ direction) In the end the rifle will tell you what to use.
I had a .257 Roberts that just would not shoot. I did some testing and in the end R-22 and CCIM primers turned it into a 1/2 moa gun out to 400 yards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I am trying the new 175 grain eld-x in my Remington 700 7mm what is your load id you don't mind me asking? I have a bunch of r19 I was wondering if it would work in my 7mm

I am trying the new 175 grain eld-x in my Remington 700 7mm what is your load id you don't mind me asking? I have a bunch of r19 I was wondering if it would work in my 7mm

You may want to start a new thread, this one is very old. There plenty of people here, ready to help....

Old indeed but like ocean waves these things come and go...the Fed 215s that I was using in my 7RM disappeared about a year ago, never to be seen since in any state from what I can tell. Switched to CCI250s. Hotter in my loads. Okay back off.
Now I find myself looking for 250s but only find them online 1K at a time, hazardous shipping fee. So now may be the time to try the GM210Ms that I have a good supply of, same lot. Cal Zant on Precision Rifle Blog mentions he uses GM210Ms for lower ES and SD on the 7mmRM so I went searching for confirmation.

As usual answers abound here, thanks guys!

I tried R19 in a 6.5 Remington Magnum and regular CCI primers. It gave me hangfires. I switched to Winchester LR primers with good results. However, the next batch of WLR primers were defective and would blow at the skirt. I have switched to another powder and CCI 250s.

I am still using up a batch of AA3100 in my 7mm RM, but use CCI BR2 primers to light them off. CCI250 primers are only a click or two different elevation at 600 yards F-class. But I would use the magnum primers if I was going to hunt in a cold place just for insurance.

Good luck

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.