Powder for 7mm Rem Mag

62.5gr IMR 4350 CCI250, I used to use this load with the Nosler BT. It drives tacks, I don't see any reason that a Partition wouldn't shoot very well with it either.

One powder doesn't necessarily group better than another, it's your recipe, Combo of bullet, powder, primer, cases, seating depth all working together

RL22 is one of the best powders I ever used in my 7mag, I never had any issues at all regardless of temp. H1000 likes a heavier bullet than 150s, 160gr -190gr it pretty well out paces most others with the major exception being Retumbo, Ramshot magnum, and supreme 780 also look pretty good on paper but I've yet to try them. If your worried about temp stability the Hodgdon Extreme powders are the ticket, H4831 being a very very good powder for most bullet weights.

+1 ,,,drilled it perfectly.. well said..no one can give better advise than this

IMR4831 is what I use. Pushes 162's at 3050fps with exceptional accuracy. I found a load with H4831SC that's about as good just uses more powder.

Haven't tried the powders you have so it might not be much help to you.
How much powder are you using to get to that 3050? Just curious, what charge did you start with?

How much powder are you using to get to that 3050? Just curious, what charge did you start with?
Mkyle,

You may get someone else that utilizes this load to pipe up for an answer, but chucknbach hasn't even been on this site (hasn't visited) for two and a half years or so.

This thread was originally from 2012 to 2014

IMR4831 is what I use. Pushes 162's at 3050fps with exceptional accuracy. I found a load with H4831SC that's about as good just uses more powder.

Haven't tried the powders you have so it might not be much help to you.
I have a Styer Manlincher in 7 MM REM. Mag, would you give me the exact load data that you are using to obtain your results Powder IMR4831, Bullet 162 gr, (what Mfg), Primer (?) , Brass (?) we are using Hornady brass, once fired in that same rifle. We are trying to obtain a velocity very close to 2900 fps. We will start our load at 59.5 hrs.Thanks in advance for any info provided. Don

I have a Styer Manlincher in 7 MM REM. Mag, would you give me the exact load data that you are using to obtain your results Powder IMR4831, Bullet 162 gr, (what Mfg), Primer (?) , Brass (?) we are using Hornady brass, once fired in that same rifle. We are trying to obtain a velocity very close to 2900 fps. We will start our load at 59.5 hrs.Thanks in advance for any info provided. Don
What is your load with the H4831SC, I would be very interested in that one as I do have that powder.please provide complete load info. Don

That member hasn't logged on since May 2019 so you might not get an answer.

another vote for H4831SC.
My vote also goes to H4831. My 7mag shoots 145lrx into a dot, and H4831 does it so consistently.
When I play with 168"s, I use H1000, also a great powder, but really shines with heavies. For what it's worth. I use standard, (WLR), primers, and it cuts ES, and SD to single digits. Again, I'll second elkaholic, and my vote is H4831.