Primers backing out.

Goose71

I've got a issue of primers backing out. The load is not hot primers look normal. No cratering Brass are rem 308win with fed210 m. Cci 200 and rem 9.5 are loose going in. they are 1x fired I bought in classified section cause I couldn't get new or new loaded. Any thoughts

I was thinking same. I'll suspend loading till I get new brass. I just needed insurance. I the word it was 1x.

do you have a black ring around the fired primer ? that is a sure sign the pockets are loose , and leaking .

even loose pockets should not allow the primer to back out . usually a low pressure load causes this .

I got you a couple pics from a reloading book . this will explain it to you . Jim

Attachments

• P4040072.JPG
    P4040072.JPG
    999.6 KB · Views: 443
  • P4040071.JPG
    P4040071.JPG
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 395
Thanks for the info on ballistic tools. To add to this, I would say it sounds like high pressured cases to me. I wonder what the real story is on those cases. Were they purchase as once fired case from somebody else? I am a bad one for picking up brass in the field if I come across some. I wear house it for a rainy day.

Last edited:
I got lapua brass that's been fired 8 times
I anneal each time I fire them
But that's Lapua brass. I have gotten that many firing out other manufactures cases, but the primers pockets are starting to open up. Annealing the brass doesn't do anything for primers pockets, or I hope you are not annealing that area of the case.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.