President

Mr. President. i was raised to have respect for the position even though I hold little regard for the current occupant of the White House.
I have to agree. I don't agree with his policies and like his ideas on gun control or the push toward all electric. But I too was raised to have respect for our president and our flag and could not disrespect (the position) either one of them.

Mr. President. i was raised to have respect for the position even though I hold little regard for the current occupant of the White House.
Respect is earned, not issued. There is a difference between respect and courtesy. I might render my courtesy to him as Mr. President, but it does not mean I respect him.

I have great love & respect for my country, being a son & grandson of immigrants, home schooled in the U.S. Constitution, & taught to respect legit authrority but some how, like in the movie, Kurt Russell, Snake - "president of what" comes into mind.

It would be "Mr. President" or "Madam President" being the/my Commander in Chief no matter what my personal opinions were.