Posting first thread

I have been a member for quite some time but just never got into the posting. A few months ago My old Nikon scope took a crap and I found they no longer produced rifle scopes so was on a hunt to find one. I had seen the classifieds on here and decided to give it a try. I found just what I was looking for but when trying make contact I could not and when questioning it got the reply back from Len that can not happen without first doing some posts. This is my first attempt and hope I don't bore anyone to death!!! I have always done a lot of reading on here mostly about reloading and different options for calibers depending on your needs. This has spurred me to to build a rifle. I enjoy long range shooting and like old Winchesters but wanted to do something different. I got the opportunity when I won a gun on a raffle and It was one I was not interested in so decided to trade up to a model 70 Winchester in 25-06. Nice gun but I wanted old school. I sent it of to McGowan's for a heavy octagon barrel, 5 groove with a 1-8 twist in 6.5-06. Got that back and looked great but we had to go further so sent off for a custom stock to start at forearm with schnobbled like a featherweight transitioning at the butt with a crescent buttplate of a old 1885 that I spent hours cleaning up and polishing for this application. Then I sent that away to have custom engraved with an bull elk head and model 70 and some other rope boarder. I am now patently waiting for its return after over 2 years in process and can't wait to try some of the loads that a few of you have helped me come up with. I know, another post about a "PRETTY " gun but hey there are still a few of us old timers that really get into the beauty and craftmanship as well as the functionality!! That's all for now may be back after it arrives.

It would be nice to see pictures of that rifle when complete, if you can. And of course how it shoots. I see everyone else's pictures, but have not taken the time to figure out how to post them myself.