First time posting

spinlite

I have been reading and learning a lot over the past couple years. I got interested in long range shooting about 3 years ago, I built a 270ai that will shoot 170g EOL bullets approx 2950 and now just shooting as much as I can to get as good as the rifle is. Just wanted to introduce myself and trying to decide what to build next, I prefer to build on a Savage action so I can do the work myself. Was thinking of a 6.5 prc, or 6.5 saum, or to keep things simple go with a 7mm mag. Any suggestions and or pros and cons of these three woul be appreciated.

welcome. Don't be afraid to look at the Sherman wildcats
I am familiar with them, I have learned a lot about the sherman Wildcats on this forum, but my experience with the 270ai (lots of fire forming etc, and hard to get high quality brass issues) has me rethinking my next caliber choice.

welcome. Don't be afraid to look at the Sherman wildcats
I really like the 270ai and the choices in high bc bullets are improving for it, which is why I have considered the sherman Wildcats in .277, but I have also thought about the 270 WSM which seems to have excellent performance as well without the need for custom dies, a bit better than my 270ai

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! What kind of shooting do you like to do these days?
I want to get better at long range shooting, reading the wind, etc. We just moved from the Dallas/Fort Worth area to Tulsa - relocated for my job. So once the moving gets completed I have to find a place to shoot.
My range in Texas only went to 200 yards, there was a range I went to once about 1hr 45 minutes away that went out to 2000 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.