Post on Vortex scopes being....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsbhunter

Just curious why I can't access the post shown in the LRH email I got today showing the post on the forum about Vortex being junk? Is the position of the moderators to suppress negative reviews of products that don't meet members expectations? I understand suppressing unjustified bashing of a product that has no basis, but, if a member has a bad experience with a product, I want to know about it. I'm intelligent enough to sort thru the info to come to my own conclusions....just wondering, as I spend thousands of dollars a year on shooting gear, and depend on individual reviews to help in decisions on items purchased...rsbhunter

Just curious why I can't access the post shown in the LRH email I got today showing the post on the forum about Vortex being junk? Is the position of the moderators to suppress negative reviews of products that don't meet members expectations? I understand suppressing unjustified bashing of a product that has no basis, but, if a member has a bad experience with a product, I want to know about it. I'm intelligent enough to sort thru the info to come to my own conclusions....just wondering, as I spend thousands of dollars a year on shooting gear, and depend on individual reviews to help in decisions on items purchased...rsbhunter
This is a very good point as I too rely on other member's experiences with equipment and gear to make an informed decision. I think the majority of the folks that access this site have the knowledge to know if the information is accurate or misleading based on their own experiences in the field with various products. I have had bad experience with Leupold scopes in the past and have opted to purchase other brands that I know will function and not break. I am not bashing Leupold but that is my experience and feel they make a good product but I have moved on to other brands at different price points. I use Nightforce, Athlon, Burris, Nikon, Primary Arms, and Vortex and would like to know what Vortex products this member had a bad experience.

Last year my Son saved up and bought a top of the line Vortex spotting scope for our upcoming Elk hunt. Opening morning he was crushed to find a loose lens clunking around inside. That experience wrecked him from ever buying another Vortex product.

Thread ban in 3, 2, 1...

I didnt get to read the thread but I'm pretty sure there is a rule here that you dont straight bash a product (especially one that advertises on this site) and from what I can see of the email it went that direction, Len wants things PC as to not run off potential members or costumers

i WAS THINKING THE SAME. FREE SPEECH

Good , bad , or indifferent post it. Unless it's got a bunch of #####××××### words, I've had no problem with vortex either nor has anyone I know, and if they did vortex fixed it quick.

As I stated, vulgar, mean, hateful bashing is not needed. But as I have noticed on this forum, and others, it's getting to be a politically correct mandated site. I'm 64 years old, was raised that if it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck, and s#@s like a duck, IT'S A DUCK. Any time somebody tries to buffer information , makes me very suspicious as to the motive behind doing it....Again, I base some of my purchasing decisions on the wealth of info and experience the members of these forums have, and I thank you all for sharing it...rsbhunter

The issue with the guys thread, that he was called out on, was he never stated what the original issue was. Vortex honored their warranty and replaced it with new binoculars, but the OP did not want them since his binos were japanese built and the newest version of his model are now chinese or phillipino built. I did not read anything past that because it turned into a my vortex is crap, well my vortex is awesome thread.

I am pretty sure if you post a thread with an issue, and word it with facts, then it wont get deleted. Like my barrel has a gap in its rifling, therefore I cannot get it to shoot, the manufacturer will not honor or fix it. I am pretty sure those are legit.

But, my scope is crap, this company sucks isnt legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.