Vortex Scopes

Out Back

Ive been looking at a vortex scope for my new CZ 527 17 Remington.........other than the Diamondback all the rest are just WAY to heavy.... I looked at the Leupold VX-2 6-18 CDS and that scope balances out the CZ The Vipers make the light weight CZ unbalanced in my opinion..................

After me few bad experiences with leupold i will stay away from them from now on and go with a swaro or night force and be done with it , i was all up in vortex but not so much anymore because their glass isnt as clear as i would like but might just be my eyes .

Ive put my Leupold VX-2 6-18 through a lot and Have never had a issue

Everyone seems to be into Vortex I have a pair of Vortex Razor HD 10x

But there scopes I just can seem to like them

I like some of the smaller size scopes with 1/8 MOA turrets and side focus for small varmint rifles. The 1/8 MOA turrets allow really precise zeroing. Nikon makes a good one - The Monarch 3 5-20x44. So is the older Nikon Busckmasters setup like this are absolutely awesome. If you find one, don't pass it up.

It might be owrth checking out Nikon's PROSTAFF 5 4.5-18X40 Matte Fine Crosshair With Dot Product 6749. This scope is a 1/8 MO adjustment and comes in under $400.
It is 13.5 inches and just over 1 pound in weight. I demo'd one a while back and it took a lot of squirrel's during the spring at 75 yards in with a air rifle. Big fun for sure.

I have a prostaff 7 on my R-25 and it does good i think it is clearer than my Leupold V6 but i have head of some problems with them tracking

I just picked up a Razor 3-15x44 HD LH with HSR-4 reticle. It is very light, amazing low light transmission, and extremely clear. The higher end glass was mainly designed as tactical glass, and yes it does weigh a bit. I like other Vortex scopes that and have not shot the new one yet, but my rifle should be finished in a few weeks.

I'm not a fan of Leupold reticles but that doesn't mean they are junk, just not to my liking..

SHM

Ive been looking at a vortex scope for my new CZ 527 17 Remington.........other than the Diamondback all the rest are just WAY to heavy.... I looked at the Leupold VX-2 6-18 CDS and that scope balances out the CZ The Vipers make the light weight CZ unbalanced in my opinion..................

i have a vortex crossfire 11 6-18x44 if ur interested

So you tried all the rest of Vortex scopes to come to that conclusion? Come on... it is fine if you dont like them fine...but please just say that and quit trying to paint the entire product line with such broad stroke.

edited...
Oh I just found out why in the next post I read
"Got tired of sending my vortex scopes in for repair......................no more" so is it the weight, the balance or endless sending of scopes in for repair that left a bad taste in your mouth?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.