Vortex Scopes???

Mr.Moa

Used vortex scopes when they first came out not looked at anything they have new. Have you had any problems with them? I was pleased with the one i used. might use one for long range gun so any clarity problems far out? what would be good long range model. i would like turrets on it. I was looking at the vortex on gunwerks website the Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50 LR or maybe the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte Riflescope i saw on optics planet. any ideas.

i've tested the tracking of two 6-20 vipers, the first one i had moved the POI 23" when i cranked the turrets 20 moa. it should move them almost 21". called vortex, said send it back, got another scope soon afterwards, same model. it tested the same, moved the POI the same amount. heard another on here say his tracked well. was only off a 1/2 inch when he moved it 5 moa. i told him his was the same as mine. it's 10% off. i'd be highly surprized if they weren't all tracking in error because they all have the same threads per inch. i'm about to find out what they're willing to do to get me a scope that tracks the amount it's supposed to.

they're not bad. you can see things pretty well. wouldn't put them in the Sightron/Leupold class. besides...i missed 2 bears with that scope. it had to be the scopes fault! lol

I am no long range hunter or shooter but i am trying to get into it. I decided to go with the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44mm for my first semi long range scope to put on top of my first semi long range rifle. I am only 17 years old and picked up a brand new Remington 700 sps varmint chambered in a 243. win and as i said topped it off with a 6.5-20x44 vortex viper shooting an 80 grain sp at around 3400 fps in my rifle. So far this rifle shoots around .75 moa at 100, 200 and 300 yards. I dialed in and squeezed a few shots off at 600 yards and clean hits! this is my farthest shot to date! and i am very pleased with the scope. I will eventually replace the stock, trigger and bed the action, and blue print it when the summer pay checks come through :) but untill then i will live with what i got. When the weather finally makes up its mine around here i will get out and really put this rifle to the test. Im thinking of pushing the rifle to the limits and loading some 87 grain amax and see what it can do.

I like the glass, better then my neighbors VX-3!! Customer Service is number 1!!! even though i haven't had to use it

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.