Possible record one shot kill on Coyote

115vld

Guys I am a friend of the Tubb family and I was talking to David's son Wyatt on the phone yesterday and he had an interesting story. He was saying that his dad was out guiding some antelope hunters on saturday and said they spotted some antelope way out on the horizon and they were acting kind of strange. They broke out the spotting scope and checked them out and spotted a coyote running the group of antelope. Well he wanted to at least try and get a shot off at the coyote so they took a range at the coyote with the Leica Vector range finder and got a reading of 1712 yards. He did some calculating in on his DTAC reticle and got the wind adjustments. He was shooting his T2K rifle in 6XC pushing the 115 DTAC bullet. Here is what is amazing, he nailed him on the very first shot!!!!

I dont know about ya'll but that isnt bad for a beginner!! ;) If someone could maybe point me in the direction to see if that is a record one shot kill on a coyote I would appreciate it.

Chase

Update:

I have emailed Mr. Tubb himself and the shot was not 1712, It was taken at 1751 and was indeed a one shot kill!

Amazing!!

Chase

One can only dream to make a first shot kill on a coyote at a mile away!
I would need a miracle, after Shawn Carlock and Kirby allen together work on building a rig for me and 2 weeks of fasting! lightbulb

Eaglet, you just never know what your going to have in front of you one day!!!

Me and Tubb's son Wyatt are going after blackbuck in 3 weeks. We are going to try to get a 1500+ yard kill on video. I am running a 7 WSM with 168gr JLK at 3100. He is running his T2K in 6XC and his 338 RUM at 2900 with the 300 SMK. I will be posting pics and video ASAP.

The dang blackbuck at our place are like freakin rabbits. After we have our fun with them they are bringing in the hellicopters to gun them down. Thats how bad they are.

Chase

I am such a newbie I dont think I would even be looking for one at that distance much less shooting one at that distance.

Yes gents, 9 yards short of a mile aint too shabby in my book. But since he is a Newb;) we will let this one count!

I am going on a black buck antelope/hog hunt in 3 weeks with Wyatt and we are going to try a 1500 yarder on video. We will post video and pics ASAP.

Chase

Let's see now, if we average his coyote kill at 1751 and mine at 10 yards...the average is...880 yards.

So 880 yds is my next goal. gun)

That would have been a heck of a shot.

960 to 1090 inches of drop depending on velocity out of his 6XC

50 to 60 MOA elevation adjustment..... WHOA !!

that equals 80 plus Feet of hold over.... WOW is all I got to say.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.