Please contact hodgdon reloading online!

budlight

Hodgdon came out with a new "Improved" online site. Words can't describe how they took out a nice easy to use load data that allowed you to pick multiple powders for a given round so you could compare and determine which powder you might decide to use.

On the top of the sight they have a "contact "pick. Please fill it out and say how dissapointed you are in the "NEW" version.

I worked for the goverment in IT. I was in charge of looking over web based Goverment information sites. Like looking up your house address and all the information that would come up for example. So when the youngsters would come up with a new improved web site I would hack away like all typical users and have things redesigned to be very user friendly before release to the public.

Hodgdon came out with a new "Improved" online site. Words can't describe how they took out a nice easy to use load data that allowed you to pick multiple powders for a given round so you could compare and determine which powder you might decide to use.

On the top of the sight they have a "contact "pick. Please fill it out and say how dissapointed you are in the "NEW" version.

I worked for the goverment in IT. I was in charge of looking over web based Goverment information sites. Like looking up your house address and all the information that would come up for example. So when the youngsters would come up with a new improved web site I would hack away like all typical users and have things redesigned to be very user friendly before release to the public.
Hhahahaha......I just noticed the messed up cluster the other day looking up some shotshell load data. When you are the only game in town and control 90 percent of the powder.....well it shows.

They probably went with a Diversity hire for the project!!??

They really went and fixed something THAT WASN'T BROKEN!!!!

Agree.

I am real olde but if I was tasked to write a program to present the Hodgdon load data I would design a general purpose report writer that upon input of caliber, bullet weight, & powder(s) would produce a single screen view of data Unavailable data would be Id'd as NA. Maximum data input would be limited to no more than 6 calibers, 5 bullet weights for each caliber & 5 powders.

A potential application - I goes into my LGS & sees that they have abundant supplies of H4350 & Win Staball HD. I got a .22-.250 w 75 ELDM's, a .243 W w 87 V maximum's & 105 BMB,'s, a 6mm CM with same as .243, a 6.5 CM w 123s & 140's, a 6.5 PRC w same as 6.5CM & a .300WM w 178's, 190's & 200's.

The nice load data site greets me cheerfully & thanks me in advance for my interest in their products and assures me of a continuing interest in development of my shooting sport.

Then I am asked if I want to create a simple single page/screen report. To help me decide an option a sample view of a report is presented.

I sez Y. Then a screen having 6 cartridge selections each with 5 bullet weights and 5 powders is presented for me to complete.
I fills out the info & hits GO & then ....
If data is not workable, like Tite Group in a .300 WM the selection is rejected and re-entry is requested. If data is not available NA is shown on report.
Then I waits.
A note to the effect data is acceptable & report is being generated is shown.
Then I sees the report.
Rows containing caliber with each bullet Id'd with weight & brand, powder weight, velocities min/max with pressure data,.
The entire screen width & paper print width (portrait) would accommodate 100 or more spaces. This would allow for certain other data to be converted like CPU to PSI using a regression estimate.
Appropriate safety warnings & advisories would be shown. An option to make PDF files would be available. Data export various formats would be available.

This is not Rocket Science - simple data to make a simple single screen view/report,, like go thru data record by record or by data key, then select & display using fixed format.

The new format sucks.

I like it better than the older version myself. As a new reloader. You fellas with more experience must see something I don't. I do see a few shortcomings though. So possibly they will tweak these in the future. Once people utilize it more.

Last edited:
I mean personally I find the new graphic easier to read. If I put in 280AI and 140 gr bullets it lists all the powders and data. I'm not sure what more you could ask for. If I want to pick a specific powder it does that as well. Just like the old site. It just looks different and to me is easier to read. But I know how it is for older guys. You get used to one thing and now it's different. But really it's the same data it's just a new format.