Picking out a 6.5 cartridge

I'm looking at jumping into a different cartridge. I'm looking at a 6.5mm something or another, this will be built on a medium length action with the ability to change bolt faces. The ones I have been bouncing between is: 260 rem AI, 6.5-284, 6.5 prc, 6.5 saum, 6.5 Sherman max. I'm wanting something I can shoot the 140-156 out of for fun to distance and also put some heavier copper bullets in it to hunt with. Wanting to have a 20-22" barrel to run suppressed but not give up to much velocity. The 260 rem AI is the most intriguing to me, I'm mainly concerned I'll be giving up too much velocity in a 20-22" tube. Any thoughts or experiences with any of these cartridges are greatly appreciated.
6.5 PRC with 24" barrel
I'm looking at jumping into a different cartridge. I'm looking at a 6.5mm something or another, this will be built on a medium length action with the ability to change bolt faces. The ones I have been bouncing between is: 260 rem AI, 6.5-284, 6.5 prc, 6.5 saum, 6.5 Sherman max. I'm wanting something I can shoot the 140-156 out of for fun to distance and also put some heavier copper bullets in it to hunt with. Wanting to have a 20-22" barrel to run suppressed but not give up to much velocity. The 260 rem AI is the most intriguing to me, I'm mainly concerned I'll be giving up too much velocity in a 20-22" tube. Any thoughts or experiences with any of these cartridges are greatly appreciated.
Tikka 6.5 PRC suppressed, 147gr ELD-M just under 3,000 fps with VHT N565 @ 59.5 grs and this is a usable hunting round on deer. At longer ranges possibly superior to a more robust projectile

I've got a couple 6.5-284 Normas and enjoy them. Just a suggestion, if you don't want to give up too much velocity I'd recommend at least a 24" barrel. Also, you don't need a heavy bullet for hunting; I'm using Hammer 118gr tipped bullets and love them. The lighter weight gives you the extra velocity you're looking for and the solid monolith bullet gives great penetration. Unless you're shooting 500 plus yards, you don't need the heavier bullet. Just make sure you get at least a 1-8 twist or faster, especially if you want to shoot the heavier bullets.

The 6.5 prc or Swed is the easy button.