Picatinny base for older Savage 264

rkcolt45

I'm looking for a picatinny/tactical style base for an older Savage long-action receiver in 264 (it's a left-hand action). The receiver is from the late 60's and was originally chambered in 264 mag. The receiver is round up front and flat in the rear. The only ones I've seen that might work is a Warne #669 or one made by EGW. Are any of these reliable? Any other brands? Also, the rifle has a McMillan HTG stock with a #8 Krieger. I'm planning on mounting a NF 5.5-22x56 on it. Thanks, Ronnie

I'm looking for a picatinny/tactical style base for an older Savage long-action receiver in 264 (it's a left-hand action). The receiver is from the late 60's and was originally chambered in 264 mag. The receiver is round up front and flat in the rear. The only ones I've seen that might work is a Warne #669 or one made by EGW. Are any of these reliable? Any other brands? Also, the rifle has a McMillan HTG stock with a #8 Krieger. I'm planning on mounting a NF 5.5-22x56 on it. Thanks, Ronnie

Nightforce doesn't make a flat rear base to fit but they suggested Warne or EGW. I'll probably go with a Warne 669M 20MOA steel base with their 601 tactical rings.

I just purchased a Nightforce one piece rail for a Savage 110 flat back long action(20moa). I believe it was $57 from Midway. Midway product #917340(Im not computer savvy enough to add a link for you.)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.