Photographers Pack

There are lots of them. Do an E-Bay search for "Camera Backpack". They run from $50 up. I use my small hunting pack most the time. dgarrett

I've kind of done that. Phrasing the question differently. I'm looking at packs that someone taking pictures professionally in the backcountry might use. A day pack won't work. What will protect the equipment, and carry your tent, bag, etc. The Contrejour 40 is one that looks like its good for the cameras, but it doesn't look like it would carry much else.

You might look at a smallest sized hard case that fits your camera that you could strap to your regular pack. I don't know how much camera gear you are talking about???? But it really needs to be where you can lay your hands on it all the time. Many great pics are lost trying to get camera out. I have never found the perfect way to backpack my camera gear. It is either in my hand or around my neck or I figure I might as well not take it. A hard case is the best safest way to transport you camera gear....dgarrett

Im not sure how much equipment he's got, but it does seem to multiply. LOL. It fills a reasonably good size duffle bag. I did see a nice looking shoulder harness for keeping one handy. Thanks.

Years ago I used several packs by LowePro that were specifically designed for photography use. They had lots of compartments, padding and straps to secure the gear. There is a nearly new one in my closet I would consider selling. "Nearly new" as in used in the field once before I put the cameras down. If you would like, I'll get it out and take a few pics tonight and PM or post.

Pete

Harperc, Here's one of several packs I've used. This one is probably 15 years old and has only been out on one trip in the Adirondacks back in the 90's. The rest of the time it's been a closet decoration.

It is a LowePro (model # unknown) that was quite comfortable when fully loaded considering the weight. I used to carry 2 camera body's (Nikon F3's), 3 to 7 lenses from 20mm to 300mm, plus a collection of filters, flash gear, reflectors, macro ext. tubes, motor drive and other stuff. I would then strap several pouches and cases with bigger lenses and tripods plus camping gear to the outside. The up-side to having all this gear was that it was available to use in the boonie's and not back on the table at home. The down-side to having all that gear was that one must carry it.

There are a couple more divider panels not in the pictures and there is a rain fly attached and tucked into a pocket on the bottom. There are no rips, tears or abrasions in any of the fabric that I could see this morning.

PM me and we'll work something out if you're interested.

Pete

Attachments

• DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN0415.jpg
    DSCN0415.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0418.jpg
    DSCN0418.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0417.jpg
    DSCN0417.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 57
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.