pack questions

jason7

hello everyone,

I've tried searching for my answer, but haven't quite found it. I am considering a pack with a scabbard built in, like on the eberlestock packs.
Has anyone had any issue with turrets getting turned or twisted by pulling the rifle out or sliding it back in?
I like the idea of the fully enclosed scabbard vs the exposed, like on the badlands. it seems I cant really go wrong with either manufacturer.......

thanks, Jason

I use my Horn Hunter Full Curl Pack and while hiking in I just put my gun in a Browning gun sock before hooking it to my pack. Seems to have worked well so far.

I was looking at the gunrunner.they advertise it that you can have quick access to your rifle and i was worried about my turrets getting twisted upon removal from the scabbard......

I use a mystery Ranch pack for hunting the tops it hasn't got a full scabbard but that is just extra weight the gun is fully secured, but more importantly it is the most comfortable pack I've ever used making the Eberlestock I had redundant.

I was looking at the gunrunner.they advertise it that you can have quick access to your rifle and i was worried about my turrets getting twisted upon removal from the scabbard......

I have had my turrets move in the gunrunner II pack.

I was hoping i was just over thinking it on the gunrunner style scabbard. Wyodog, do you still use your pack since youve had this happen?

I need to look at the MR packs. ...

It has Ben my experience that turrets are prone to move from time to time. I've had it happen and not only in my pack scabbard. I still use the gunrunner on day hunts and for coyote hunting. I check my scope settings every time I shoot my rifle regardless of how I am carrying it only take a second to do so. I have pulled my rife from the scabbard hundreds of times and it is only a couple of times that one of the turrets moved but it does happen. BTW I am using a vortex viper pst scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.