Phase 3 testing... Where should I post this?

deruyter

Accurate Innovations is in its final phase of testing a new program that will allow AI Golden accuracy chassis to be installed in existing non aluminum enhanced stocks including all wooden, laminate, and perhaps some composites.
We are looking for Remington guinea pigs to test the conversions on. Since there is a small but real mortality rate for this process, we are going to offer the following as a pilot program:
aluminum_chassis2.jpg

$295 to refit a stock with the AI chassis. In the case of complications, $200 of the failed refit would be able to be applied toward the retail purchase of an AI stock. There is no dealer programs for this process at this time.
Ben

Let me get this, you are looking for people to try this and the way I read it is

for $295 YOU will fit it in our stock

BUT

If for some reason you destroy our stock you will credit us only $200 and we have to buy one of yours to receive this credit??

That's some deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif for you!! You have nothing to loose, we give you a stock and $295 and hell if you mess up, to bad so what and you credit us only $200 for your mistake and then we HAVE to buy one of your stocks?

If your going to try to install this unit in our stocks and charge us then you should take the total loss and refund the $295 and reimburse us for our damaged stock.

If your not willing to take the total loss for your mistake then maybe you should offer these units as a gunsmith fit item or an after market item for those of us willing to try it and have the tools and ability to install and should we damage our stock there is no loss to you.

I understand that by you installing that you can control the quality of the install but with that comes liability and should you make the mistake it should be at your expense not ours.

If your willing to let me install my own I would be willing to try it. If your interested e-mail me at: [email protected] and we can discuss it further.

Heres a link to a post I made on this site showing someone a stock I had just chopped up refinished and bedded just a little while ago, showing you that milling in the aluminum piece should not be to much of a problem and that it would look very professional as anything less would not be acceptable.

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=64239&an=0&page=0#64239

Thanks,
Ben

I'm with shadowman on this sounding fairly odd (that is my polite way of saying it is no deal at all But rather your backward way of selling this chassis). How far will 200 dollars go toward buying an AI stock? If we are out $95 and any bedding or other work to our original stock how much more do we need to cough up to pay for this new AI stock?

Try this instead. You contact some heavy shooters by posting a request for emails answering some screening questions that other applicants can't read. Then as you find suitable testors you offer this:

You use their stock for the modification (after you have inspected their stock at your shipping expense). They pay for the product at your cost (and not another single cent). They also sign an agreement to document and report on a timely basis the information you are trying to gather. If they don't complete a previously agreed to survey(s) they are billed for the predisclosed cost of the install as well. If you want to inspect the stock after a certain number of rounds the you also pay for this. Initially you pay for the install to be done to the standards you want the testing based on.

If you screw up the install then you buy them same stock they have sans any previous modifications such as glass or pillar bedding and give them the option to stop there. If you keep screwing up stocks then get another installer or modify your product.

This is the cost of R&D. When you have the product and process down pat then you can start looking for customers willing to buy your tested product.

I have done a fair share of product testing and normally the product is provided free of charge AND I am reimbursed for my time.

I wonder why a company with a stock duplicator would not just run off what ever pattern they want to try there insert in, out of pattern wood? If it didn't work out they would just recover the insert. I guess the need for a pattern is paramount. I have a number of take off stocks I would be willing to swap for inserts to try in my mill! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guy's, Click on Golden Accuracy, look at his previous posts and you will see a link to his web site. You will have a better Idea of what he is trying to sell you. It dosen't sound like market research. This is more of a services offered type advertisement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cowboy, good eye. I didn't catch this but check this out. For $295 he will install his bedding block into your stock, if he damages it he will credit you $200 towards one of his. But wait a quick look at his other post and he is selling these for

Hunter
Regular:
$389 Finished, $279 Unfinished
LRH 90 day intro:
$339 Finished, $239 Unfinished

Targeter (my favorite, the wide walnut returns to the bags)
Regular:
$409 Finished, $319 Unfinished
LRH 90 day intro:
$359 Finished, $269 Unfinished

Sporter (laminate)
Regular:
$339 Finished, $279 Unfinished
LRH 90 day intro:
$279 Finished, $239 Unfinished

Varminter (wide laminate)
Regular:
$369 Finished, $319 Unfinished
LRH 90 day intro:
$299 Finished, $269 Unfinished

Shoot most would damage a few and say hay, you were warned about the possible loss. If he's able to put them in his stocks then he should have no problem putting them in yours. I guess each will have to decide if all they hyped up benefits are worth the cost.

Also why have him attempt to install in your stock and loose $95 when for only a few dollars more you can have it in one of his?? For the cost I'd just buy a high quality stock from McMillan and not pay for some insert that's epoxied into some wood, but to each his own.

I don't mined thats they are trying to sell them on the site but they should keep their sales pitch in the buying and selling section.

The heading should be PHASE 3 SELLING!!!!!

Ben

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.