PDog taken at 1032 yards with 20 BR!!!

My dad worked for the NJC (New Jersey Central) Railroad when I was just a boy 10-11-12-13 and he was the Yard Master of a Rail Yard in Mossic, PA. The river was right next to the yard. Back then the river was polluted from people throwing their garbage in the river and the rail yard always had grain/corn spilling out of cars.
The best environment for breading RATS. My dad would bring me there to work when he was on second shift. It was a "One yard Master" location. Didn't have electricity or phone. Had propane lights and coal heat with telegraph for communication. I learned Morris code at a young age. I also learned to shoot rats! Probably why the Marine Corps put me where they did. Knows coms and shoots. Had a model 49 Savage 22 pump and would shoot 50 rats in an evening on the river banks or in the rail yard. Taught me how to shoot up to 75 yds open sites on rats. My dad was there all by himself unless a train would come in to change cars on the tracks. He has shot thousands of rats with a model H&R 999 22 pistol, 16 gauge Ithaca, and the Savage Model 49. he bought it in 1949 for $49.00. I have many fond memories of my father teaching me to shoot those vermin The rifle has thousands of rounds threw it and is still very accurate. A little play in the pump slide. It was my first "Gunsmith" project 52 years ago. It was very worn, but looks better that the day new. Now it resides in our Game room and the only rifle there. A true piece of history and hundreds of happy memories with my dad!
Savage Model 29B - not Model 49. sorry for the misprint