Part 4 Good Results. Which copper solvent cleaner do you think will work best?

Which one do you think will work best?

• Total voters
I am sure there are many videos available online showing how to test precious metal for purity/content. It is a simple process and very easy. It should work the same for copper and copper solvents. I do appreciate the op taking the time and interest to do this test. When you test precious metals you do not place the entire item in the solution copper should be no different.

If you are familiar with testing precious metals it is easy. You scuff a small amount of metal onto a small course stone, you could easily us the same bullet/copper to scuff onto the same stone. Then you could introduce the copper removing/cleaner to the copper on the stone and see if there was a difference in time or if it even dissolved the copper. Very similar to testing precious metals. it is a simple test. You do not need seven Barrels or even a container full of solvent. I have no desire to do this test just making a suggestion that shortens and simplify s the process and lead to visible results.
No, I am not smart or pretend to be.

I'm not sure what I'm suggesting. I think you need more time to see a noticeable change. Sticking a micrometer in them might be an idea though. Then you can see if the diameter changed. Or a scale that is more precise.

I think the added weight is from solvent stuck in the hollow point. Like someone earlier mentioned, an FMJ would be ideal.
I thought the same thing so I blew it out with air and then I even waited another day with it sitting out and blew it out again before I started videoing the last part

Oh I know, I'm just thinking of a way to actually see what is "dissolving" the most copper. I've never left anything in a barrel for more than 5 minutes.

@Justice1327, I've had good luck with the Hoppes Copper Terminator. I clean with that and Butch's Bore Shine. Typically I don't seem to get much color change on the patches with Butch's but then run a patch with the Copper Terminator and then brush and the patches come out blue. That's one that I'd like to see tested. I've always had really good luck with the Hoppes Elite like of products for removing carbon and copper.
I was looking at that Hoppes copper terminator, but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere. If you know of a place, let me know.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and inputs. This weekend I'm getting ready to test three more copper solvents. However, this time I think I will use a full metal jacket with no hollow point, and leave the cap off to see if it having air will help it. If I notice a significant difference, I'll retest the others with a no hollowpoint bullet, and leaving the cap off.

Got an email from Boretech and they said w/o a doubt I needed air in the solvent, preferably brushed, and it will work better.
Still waiting to hear back from Montana and Barnes.

Got an email from Boretech and they said w/o a doubt I needed air in the solvent, preferably brushed, and it will work better.
Still waiting to hear back from Montana and Barnes.
I've emailed and had phone conversations with Bore Tech employees. Very helpful and they are very quick to return messages. I appreciate their products and it's very convenient that I can use the cleaning solvents around my children and inside my house. CR10 and Sweets are great products, but there is zero chance I'm using that inside or around my kids.

I've emailed and had phone conversations with Bore Tech employees. Very helpful and they are very quick to return messages. I appreciate their products and it's very convenient that I can use the cleaning solvents around my children and inside my house. CR10 and Sweets are great products, but there is zero chance I'm using that inside or around my kids.
Agreed. I have switched over to Bore Tech completely . I would say that the vapors from Montana Extreme are even worse than Sweet's and CR10. To be honest, I am surprised that it didn't eat the bullet in this test, and maybe the cup. Lol.

Yes, I made a comment about the Montana solvent. I wouldn't doubt if it's the same thing as 7.62.

Going to try KG12, Wipeout , Witches Brew , Bore shine as suggested
Hi Justice1327, thank you for the time,effort and expenditure that you have put into this exercise. I noticed in your latest video (post #68) that you have included KG 1 Carbon Remover. Is there a reason for using this rather than KG 12 Copper Solvent please?