out of windage

Sometimes for holes off center I move over the screw holes and countersinks. I put the base in modified V blocks and move the bottom radius over. Sometimes I have an end mill the right radius, but sometimes I use the boring head. Then I epoxy the mounts to the receiver while looking at the bore sighter. When the epoxy is hard, I tighten the screws. I try to get a scope with the reticule in the center of the scope tube to be bore sighted within 2 moa. I try to get the mounts co-linear with each other and the bore on the sides and co planar on the top so there is no bind on the scope tube. That is a lot easier with one piece mounts. Two piece takes fixturing.

Modified45mountwiththecountersinkandholemadeovaltomatchtomovementofcenterofradiusonthebottom.jpg

MillingWeavermountwithmodifiedVbloc.jpg

Thanks for starting this post bryguy. I just bought a savage 111 300 win mag with a zeiss 6.5-20x50 and it has the same issues. I am going to get the windage adjustable bases for a temporary fix and then later have a 20 moa base drilled to fit the gun. Thx

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.