OT-- your favorite dog name

I have a big Black Lab named Mike. I had a Chocolat Lab named Diesel (at 125 pounds he was a Diesel). My neighbor has an attack Pug. He and Mike wrestle in the yard, kind like an elephant and a mouse
rolleyes.gif

Matt

I would suggest naming it "Dave in Idaho"
tongue.gif
but that is a bit long and dosen't roll of the tongue well.

I have liked the name "Woofus" ever since I heard it.

JB - If your dogs get treated like ours - you might as well give in and kneel to the KING and or QUEEN - because it won't be long before they think there running things . around here , ours aren't toooooooo spoiled ha ha ha - thanks

I hope I'm not too late. May I suggest crumple? That's what I named the first pug that I got for my son who left home to attend college. Unfortunately, my wife also left to baby sit my son gun). That pug was the most intelligent dog I've ever seen in my life. Many pugs followed, but none have been as smart, and you know how smart pugs are. BTW I've never met a lady pug owner, that has been successful at not letting her pug share her bed.:D
EDIT: just realize how old thos thread is. BTW I also had several rotts, one directly from Germany, and one concepted in Germany.

Last edited:
Had a black and Tan I called Ranger. He was a good treeing hound.
Then Bear, was our heinz 57 Lab/chow mix?
Currently Duquie is our loveable and handsome Lab. eager to please, I like that breed.

First Catahoula was Guidry. An amazing dog.

Had a very unique and talented self bred Catahoula. Named him Phogg.

Phinias and Phart were to follow but never had another worthy of the names.:)

When I was cowboyin' for a living I had a Border Collie/ Kelpy cross that I named Dog. Best dog I ever had. That was one LOYAL cow eatin' s.o.b.!
I miss that dog.
Hey, it worked for John Wayne in Big Jake. Worked for me too. Don't know if a pug could fill shoes that big, but you might give er a whirl.

When I was growing my dad brought a, "mongrel" home. I guess nowadays he would be a boxer, lab, or rotty mix. He was named, "Juno". Man that guy was tough! He was like a little baby around people but, if another dog came into the yard it was on. No sniffing or barking...Instant battle. Also, he loved catching domestic cats and killing them!! Dad finally was catching to much heat from the police because of the cat killing. Finally he received a notice from the police that the dog had to go or be kept chained up. Dad said no way on the chaining up so dad took Juno up in the mountains shot him in the head and then buried him. My entire life I saw my father cry twice. When I came home from Vietnam and while he was burying Juno.

Since the OP's original post is no longer an issue, :cool: I only have one dog in the last 40+ years (had a few when I was younger), and I am of course bias. :rolleyes:

My favorite dog's name is "THOR" ... and I think it goes well with my Karelian Bear Dog. :D

Attachments

• P9040340A.jpg
    P9040340A.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 11
  • P4220012A.jpg
    P4220012A.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 11