Optics Poll

i chivo

I am going to buy a new scope. The purpose is hunting, long range shooting, and hopefully some matches. The rifle could change over time, but I want to keep the scope. I have narrowed it down to a Nightforce ATACR 5.5-25x56 F1 MOAR .25moa or the Kahles 624i MOAK FFP 1/4moa. Witch would you pick? Or what say you about the choices?

Ok....matches.....any kind of LR benchrest, Fclass, and steel matches where you have time to range, or the ranges are known, I would go with a 2nd focal plain scope.

There is a new "sniper" type shooting competition becoming popular...kind of a run and gun, shoot from many positions, and timed kind of comp that the compeditors use the FFP scopes. PRS Rifle series, if I am not mistaken. These guys are unbelieveable, and because of the time limitations, don't have time to Range everything, so they have become EXTREAMLY good with the FFP scopes.

Unless you are going into this kind of comp, I recomend a SFP scope. An ATACR in 2nd focal plain would be hard to beat!!!!

i chivo,

I am going to buy a new scope. The purpose is hunting, long range shooting, and hopefully some matches. The rifle could change over time, but I want to keep the scope. I have narrowed it down to a Nightforce ATACR 5.5-25x56 F1 MOAR .25moa or the Kahles 624i MOAK FFP 1/4moa. Witch would you pick? Or what say you about the choices?

I don't know if the Nightforce is first or second focal plane. I would choose one with the second focal plane.

..........I don't know if the Nightforce is first or second focal plane. I would choose one with the second focal plane................

Both models are available.

I've never looked at a Kahles, but I have 2 Nightforces, a SFP 5-25x, and an FFP 4-16, and I can recommend them.

I have the ATACR. You wouldn't regret it. I love mine. It's he new version 2nd focal plane moar-t.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.