Optics Planet

I'll second that @North Idaho Hunter is a great asset on here. Bought several triggers from him & prices were great & delivery was fast. Support those that support LRH.

@Allen Kitts , sorry to hear about your troubles with Optics Planet. How frustrating. I hope you can dispute the credit card charges and get your money back.

Agreed, @North Idaho Hunter has been great to deal with.

Like other posters, I stopped buying from Optics Planet years ago, for the same reasons. My first experience was very bad, and I will not give them a second chance, no matter how badly I might need something that they claim to have.

We live at a "South" address that happens to have a mirror "North" address. Some online ordering systems insist on contracting the "South" that I have deliberately spelled out to "S." I always include a note or contact them to say that if the shipment goes wrong, and it does about 50% of the time when sent to "S.", that it is on them as I will dispute any charges for such misdirected shipment. As it happens, the fine folks at "North" are far, far, far less than fine. Or nice. Or even civil.

I have had so many issues with them in the past, they aren't even open for consideration no matter what item I'm looking for. For a long time they were slow but eventually came through. Then they had issues with forever back orders and then it got to where I could not trust when they claimed something was in stock that it wouldn't roll into the back order black hole.
@Deputy819, if you don't have or get a tracking number, I would suggest picking a target cancellation date in the near future and getting a refund and seeking other options. I have had Europtics charge me up front and take months but I know they will eventually come through with the product. There are other discount optics vendors that will take back orders and have a good track record with following through so you should have options

Gents, Just a heads up. I ordered a set of Warne Mountain Tech High Rings for an AR that I recently purchased. After about three days I got an email stating that the rings had shipped with tracking info. After two weeks of nothing I checked the tracking info and the address was missing the W. Designation for West on the street address and they said the package could not be delivered. It was a ******** excuse by the post office as they deliver to that address every single day, but It was sent back to Optics Planet. I got a confirmed delivery back to Optics planet via DHL. I contacted Optics Planet and asked if they could send out another set ASAP as I wanted to get the rifle up and running. They said it would take two to three weeks to get it all straightened out and another set sent out. I offered my opinion on that scenario, BS, and they told me I could just cancel the order and get a refund so I did so. That was a month ago. Now they are telling me that the claim for the apparently lost rings was denied by their insurer and I am out of luck. I told the lady I had a confirmation form DHL that they were received by optics planet, she still denies it. Looks like I am out $115.00 but I wanted to bring this to the forums attention. These guys are sheisters, don't buy from them.
I have had pretty good luck so far with optics planet. I don't order a lot from them as in the past, mainly b/c of their prices. The only order i had a problem with is a $6 set of 5 wire clay target holders. Took 4 months to arrive, but they kept me notified and offered a refund each time. They didn't charge my cc until they shipped.
But I agree, they're 'getting to big for their britches' as my Grandma used to say. There is usually better deals on same product out on the web somewhere.
Latest example: OP had the Wheelybird 2.0 clay thrower for $449, found on sale over Labor Day weekend at Bass Pro for $299 free shippin. Jumped on that one!

Gents, Just a heads up. I ordered a set of Warne Mountain Tech High Rings for an AR that I recently purchased. After about three days I got an email stating that the rings had shipped with tracking info. After two weeks of nothing I checked the tracking info and the address was missing the W. Designation for West on the street address and they said the package could not be delivered. It was a ******** excuse by the post office as they deliver to that address every single day, but It was sent back to Optics Planet. I got a confirmed delivery back to Optics planet via DHL. I contacted Optics Planet and asked if they could send out another set ASAP as I wanted to get the rifle up and running. They said it would take two to three weeks to get it all straightened out and another set sent out. I offered my opinion on that scenario, BS, and they told me I could just cancel the order and get a refund so I did so. That was a month ago. Now they are telling me that the claim for the apparently lost rings was denied by their insurer and I am out of luck. I told the lady I had a confirmation form DHL that they were received by optics planet, she still denies it. Looks like I am out $115.00 but I wanted to bring this to the forums attention. These guys are sheisters, don't buy from them.
Hindsight, should have merely placed a new order for the item, unencumbered by the initial fiasco. Often USPS can't discern their West *** cheek from their East *** cheek. All pays the same. Some good employees there, but as Dad always warned, "One is known by the company one keeps." Charged on credit card? Dispute the charge. However, with the long time span, you may have already paid the statement, which I think causes you to lose dispute rights. Lesson, never pay CC statement for items not received, happy with. Always call the CC Customer Service to dispute the charge as not received, damaged, etc. Good luck.

@Deputy819, if you don't have or get a tracking number, I would suggest picking a target cancellation date in the near future and getting a refund and seeking other options.
I've got a tracking number through USPS. I just went with the "value shipping" (free and takes forever, probably) and the package has been stuck in Fox Valley, Illinois for 3 days now with no new updates. Who knows…🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with Optics Planet as well. I ordered a scope from them and it showed IN STOCK at the time of the order AND the order was processed. I waited a couple of days to check on the shipping and it was showing as BACKORDERED with no estimated date of delivery. Needless to say I was a little upset. Long story short, they tried to stick me with the scope and make me wait and I had to jump through the hoops with my CC company to dispute the charges and was able to get a full refund as they charged my card for the scope even though it was backordered. I do not buy from them at all and will pay a little more with a different vendor on products for a smooth transaction.

This sounds like an address issue mostly, was the "W" in your original order receipt? We are in the times of computer routing of orders, most companies do an address check when you create an account or ship an order.

I've had some issues with Optics Planet on backorders, but they promptly refunded when requested. I only order if the item is in stock.
The "W" was on the address that I sent them but not on the address on the shipping label. The business address was also on the box and we get mail delivered here everyday for the last fourteen years. there is only one Harrier Drive in Missoula, Montana so that shouldn't have been an issue either. The USPS screwed the pooch, no doubt, but like I said the rings were returned to Optics Planet and I got a confirmation of that. That is what I am ****ed about, they have their rings but they don't want to credit the money back as they are saying they have to look into it. Whats to look into, I never received my product and it was returned to them. Just want my money back, no big issue, doesn't seem unreasonable to me.....

If you entered the exact, correct delivery info and they didn't get it correctly transferred to the label, I would dispute that as well and would not back down. Consider it from USPS's position: they have one job, to deliver it to the labeled address. If that address doesn't exist, then it's not their problem. I understand that there's only one street with that name, but times have changed and our society has become more legalistic.

I had a similar experience when I ordered something from them and they shipped it DHL with delivery from USPS. I have ordered a lot of stuff from OP and the only one that was returned to sender was the one that was shipped through DHL. It was returned as "house abandoned" because we had a 4 day mail hold order in place with USPS. I had purchased the very last one so I had to place a back order and wait for this one to get back, log back into their stock and then get repackaged and sent again. The second time they sent it with UPS and it was delivered with no problem.