Optics Planet

Allen Kitts

Gents, Just a heads up. I ordered a set of Warne Mountain Tech High Rings for an AR that I recently purchased. After about three days I got an email stating that the rings had shipped with tracking info. After two weeks of nothing I checked the tracking info and the address was missing the W. Designation for West on the street address and they said the package could not be delivered. It was a ******** excuse by the post office as they deliver to that address every single day, but It was sent back to Optics Planet. I got a confirmed delivery back to Optics planet via DHL. I contacted Optics Planet and asked if they could send out another set ASAP as I wanted to get the rifle up and running. They said it would take two to three weeks to get it all straightened out and another set sent out. I offered my opinion on that scenario, BS, and they told me I could just cancel the order and get a refund so I did so. That was a month ago. Now they are telling me that the claim for the apparently lost rings was denied by their insurer and I am out of luck. I told the lady I had a confirmation form DHL that they were received by optics planet, she still denies it. Looks like I am out $115.00 but I wanted to bring this to the forums attention. These guys are sheisters, don't buy from them.

@Allen Kitts , we have access to warne rings through our warehouse - PM me if you still need a set.
Thanks man I did find a set. I thought I had contacted you about the high rings first. I always like to deal with the guys I get good service from first and you have been great to deal with.

I'll second that @North Idaho Hunter is a great asset on here. Bought several triggers from him & prices were great & delivery was fast. Support those that support LRH.

@Allen Kitts , sorry to hear about your troubles with Optics Planet. How frustrating. I hope you can dispute the credit card charges and get your money back.

If only this had been posted before I ordered a scope from them on September 5th….🤦‍♂️

2F3E622C-E39C-4220-A9EB-86996F56DF16.gif

Gents, Just a heads up. I ordered a set of Warne Mountain Tech High Rings for an AR that I recently purchased. After about three days I got an email stating that the rings had shipped with tracking info. After two weeks of nothing I checked the tracking info and the address was missing the W. Designation for West on the street address and they said the package could not be delivered. It was a ******** excuse by the post office as they deliver to that address every single day, but It was sent back to Optics Planet. I got a confirmed delivery back to Optics planet via DHL. I contacted Optics Planet and asked if they could send out another set ASAP as I wanted to get the rifle up and running. They said it would take two to three weeks to get it all straightened out and another set sent out. I offered my opinion on that scenario, BS, and they told me I could just cancel the order and get a refund so I did so. That was a month ago. Now they are telling me that the claim for the apparently lost rings was denied by their insurer and I am out of luck. I told the lady I had a confirmation form DHL that they were received by optics planet, she still denies it. Looks like I am out $115.00 but I wanted to bring this to the forums attention. These guys are sheisters, don't buy from them.
Dang, it! Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I hope you paid it with CC and ironed it out. I stopped buying from them many years ago.
I'll second that @North Idaho Hunter is a great asset on here. Bought several triggers from him & prices were great & delivery was fast. Support those that support LRH.
I, too, have an excellent CS from him.

This sounds like an address issue mostly, was the "W" in your original order receipt? We are in the times of computer routing of orders, most companies do an address check when you create an account or ship an order.

I've had some issues with Optics Planet on backorders, but they promptly refunded when requested. I only order if the item is in stock.