Optics for aging eyes

How would you know unless you check into it?
I never said it worked only that I'm going to look into it.
I want to talk to some guys who are actually using it and what they think.
What if...it really does? To close my mind before I know might cause me to miss out.
This is what happens when crooked people take advantage of people looking for help with a medical issue. Snake oil .......just something to catch people in desperate situations and separate them from their money.
On the other hand, there is a plant or part there of that will cure any problem a person can have physically. Many great cures are scattered among the snake oils out there. Someone has to choose whether they hand over their hard earned money to see which one the seller has.
KyCarl, I will be very interested to hear what you find out if you try this, if you choose to share results.

I have NOT seen evidence of any kind that they are crooked or selling snake oil
Your opinion is NOT proof!
Your proof is?.. I need facts... Nothing else is of any importance!
I'm looking for someone who has one and has used it in the field.
Not my neighbors cousins babysitter has one stories. That's worthless to me!

Last edited:
Are you replying to my post ? If so, you completely missed my point. I am on your side of this debate.

I was responding about the other member suspecting snake oil. My point was and is , people have conned so much that people automatically think anything thats not made with a chemestry set is fake . Nature has always provided all we need for whatever need. We just have to find it.

No. It just ticked me for someone to knock it with no real information about it?
Are wireless phones..Autos..Airplanes a rip off? They were all new and unheard of
at one time?

My family tree is Irish/Cherokee and my great grands lived in the Ky and Va mountains , using plants and herbs to keep them healthy. I grew up listening to stories from my grandpa taking 2 week trips across mountains on foot to collect man root (ginseng) with his father to trade with others for their medicinal treatments and to trade in town for salt and spices not available in their area.

Last edited:
My family tree is Irish/Cherokee and my great grands lived in the Ky and Va mountains , using plants and herbs to keep them healthy. I grew up listening to stories from my grandpa taking 2 week trips across mountains on foot to collect man root (ginseng) with his father to trade with others for their medicinal treatments and to trade in town for salt and spices not available in their area.
This stuff isn't new, its forgotten. And hopefully rediscovered.

My grandpa died at 94 . He lived out of his garden and by his 36 cal Kentucky rifle. Smoked filterless cigarettes and drank moonshine ( he made and sold ) for over 40 yrs. He died of old age with no underlying illnesses.

The AMA and Big Pharm are in cahoots! They don't want you well..You aren't buying
their stuff then! Read "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" he covers it well!
Golf clubs and Vacations for Over-prescribing their newest "wonder drug"

My mother rediscovered natural medicines just last year. At 86, she was on 4 different HBP meds, had diabetes, and took meds so she could feel her feet to be able to hobble around. She bought a book on natural remedies, because she had forgotten many of her teachings as a child. One year later, she is off 3 of her HBP meds and weaning down on the forth. She no longer shows to be diabetic , and she has most of her feeling back in her feet WITHOUT Gabapentin meds . Modern medicine doesnt have all the answers .

Guys, Looking for advice from you old guys. As we age our eyes change. I've noticed my eyes require better and more expensive scopes with better resolution to see well as I am getting older. I am having a new beanfield rifle built and need to choose a scope. We hunt big fields and the ranges can be pretty far. 900 is not unusual at all. Deer here are hunted hard and nearly nocturnal. Shots always come in poor light, usually just before dark. Have a little cateracts, and don't see as well in poor light as I used to. All that being said, looking for a scope with excellent tracking, 1min wind marks, and really great glass that stands out in class in low light. Needs to top out around 25X. Cost really isn't an issue as much as trying to get the most out of my old eyes, but would like to stay around $3k or so. The options are mind boggling. I do know a Vortex Razor won't cut it anymore so don't go there.
I forget the actual thickness measurements, but you will be happier with the thicker cross hairs of the Night Force NXS versus the 50% thinner cross hair lines of the typical Vortex scopes. I own both. The thinner lines of the Vortex supposedly let you aim more accurately at smaller targets beyond 1000 yards, but this "Long Ranger" has never had a problem with the thicker "NF" cross hairs, especially as I approach 70 years old.. If you do choose a thinner line, please make sure to get an illuminated reticle. I find the thinner line all but disappears in a forested hunting background, even in the daytime if at any "shadowed" distance beyond 500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.