OPINIONS

hooked

I have seen some people on here saying not to go with a remington sendaro.I am asking why? I just recently turned my 300rum sendaro into a 338 edge.The only thing i did was swapped out the trigger for a jewel and it shoots fantastic. I have recently bought a 700 vts in a .308 with no upgrades at all. I shot 5rd groups with 2 different powders being the only difference and not counting my getting in a hurry on my last of each of the 5 rds the other 4 all touched at a 100yrds

Remington quality has taken a dive in the last few years, some of their rifles are great but some are garbage. Its a real crap shoot.

I've had better luck buying used , proven rifles as far as Remingtons go . New rifle? Go full custom or Tikka in my opinion.

I also need to say i am not the best shot by far. I was taught how to shoot by my dad and uncle but was taught to make the first round count. I am not the best at reloading. I have read as much as i can and shoot as much as i can.I bring my 3 kids when ever i go if they want to which is most of the time. I do appreciate the info on LRH all of you guys are a bunch of very informative gentlemen.

Keep shooting! If your rifles shoot good , run em . Just be aware that some of the rifles manufactured recently are poor at best. Some are awesome, it's your money , I wouldn't buy a new Remington anything.

Keep shooting! If your rifles shoot good , run em . Just be aware that some of the rifles manufactured recently are poor at best. Some are awesome, it's your money , I wouldn't buy a new Remington anything.
I'll second that. Had factory 700 that would not go under a inch at 100 yards. Factory savage out of the box has yet to let me down for a cheap rifle. Tikka seem to work great but personally I don't own one. Custom is definitely the way to go if possible. After the first one it's a addiction and has almost ruined me on factory rifles.

Out of the dozen 700's I've had, only had 1 that wouldn't shoot under MOA. And it was an older model...Judging by the S/N I'd guess late-90's to very early 2000's. It was a .338 Win Mag. Had the action blueprinted, new 7mm RemMag barrel installed, and then bedded it into the stock, and it has shot awesome ever since.

Out of the dozen 700's I've had, only had 1 that wouldn't shoot under MOA. And it was an older model...Judging by the S/N I'd guess late-90's to very early 2000's. It was a .338 Win Mag. Had the action blueprinted, new 7mm RemMag barrel installed, and then bedded it into the stock, and it has shot awesome ever since.

+1

I have never had a Remington that wouldn't shoot +/- 1 MOA. I have worked on hundreds of different brands and have A top two that I would not hesitate to build a custom rifle on and the Sendero Is one of them.

Most sendero's will shoot because they have all the right parts and normally don't require anything extra.

This does not mean that you cant get a bad one, but that happens with any factory rifle and considering the total number of Remington's sold
on average they shoot as well and in many cases better than other brands.

Gunsmiths don't change the design of the 700/ Sendero but they love to work on them because they respond so well to precision machining
and the odds are better that you can get a good one if fed the right ammo.

Every new factory rifle purchase is a gamble in my opinion and I recommend that you buy what you like and hope for the best. Every brand has quality cycles up and down and Remington is not any different.

J E CUSTOM

Even the nastiest 700s with aweful tooling marks that I have had have all shot very well. Most of them bug holes. The others well under MOA.

Probably played with 15 of them or so in the last 20 years. Most have been of decent quality. Some have been of very good quality and a couple that were rougher than corn cobs.

I never hesitate to buy a 700 but to each his own.

Out of the 10 or 15 Remington's I have done load development on, or bedding jobs, or any kind of minor work, all have shot very well, as in well under MOA, and most shot under .75 MOA. You will find that MOST (not all) of the people talking bad about Remington's, actually have very little experience with them, or are not capable of fixing relatively minor issues, such as bedding, action screw torquing, or proper optic mounting, or are novice reloaders. Which is fine, that is why there are gunsmiths, but if someone buys a new rifle and it needs a little work, it can be discouraging to them if they don't have the knowledge or experience or tools to fix it themselves. Yes there are some manufacturer defects from time to time, I know it is common for the belted magnums to have rough chambers, and brass will stick. I had to lightly polish the chamber of a stainless 700 Long Range in 7mm rem mag, but after that it has been great, and is shooting under half MOA with Berger 168 VLD'S. Another identical rifle shoots 180 VLD's at 3015 fps, and is holding a loose half MOA.

And if you have a smith rebarrel your rifle and go through it, a Remington is just as good, if not better (because of the aftermarket support), than anything else out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.