Opinions requested....

I actually did a little searching on the web yesterday. And did find some options that weren't there last week. Appreciate your feedback.
Had your same experience, kept checking weekly and finally found what I was looking for. Was close to under two weeks from purchase to FFL.

OP, many fine rifles sit on the used rack,traded for thousands of thousands of reasons , not matter be selective in your search,the money you saved could buy you that scope you always wanted ,or the new Triggertech trigger. Cheers and good luck getting what you want .!!!

there are nice rifles on the used rack, but you never know why they were traded. It's like going to a gun show. Want to get rid of a problem gun? Trade it. I'm not saying all or even most of them are bad, just that it happens a lot. A thorough examination should be done on any used/preowned firearm. Your chances might be about the same with a new one though, with modern qc practices.... (If it goes bang, it goes out the door)

there are nice rifles on the used rack, but you never know why they were traded. It's like going to a gun show. Want to get rid of a problem gun? Trade it. I'm not saying all or even most of them are bad, just that it happens a lot. A thorough examination should be done on any used/preowned firearm. Your chances might be about the same with a new one though, with modern qc practices.... (If it goes bang, it goes out the door)
Absolutely. You can always change out a barrel.

I picked up a Tikka t3x super light in .308 after reading all of the hype on the hunting forums about their rifles, and I am thoroughly impressed with it. Shoots just as well as the savages I have owned in the past, but the action is buttery smooth. If I ever need more horsepower than the .308 I will pick up another tikka.

I went to the Weatherby website- rifles-custom. Picked Vanguard 7Rem Mag, tungsten cerakote action and barrel, threaded and cheap stock. Then put an HS Precision sporter stock on it and it doesn't need an aftermarket trigger. The rifle was $700! Still that price and I found the web page completely on accident. I've never heard anyone talking about this but the cerakoted barreled action and threaded for $700 is a steal. $375 for the stock and your under $1100. I haven't shot it yet so can't vouch for accuracy but it has a sub MOA guarantee.