Opinions on 7mm STW

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by ccrooks, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ccrooks

ccrooks Member

Have a chance to buy a "like new" Remington 700 Sendero 7mm STW. I think price should be right and it is one of the older matte stainless Sendero's with very low round count(40 to 50 rounds). I am looking for a good 500yd elk rifle for a hunt to New Mexico this year. Any opinions on this?

2. Canvsbk

Canvsbk Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice move and it's certainly enough gun if you don't mind lugging it around.

3. gamehawker

gamehawker Well-Known Member

Is it this Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW on gunbroker?

REMINGTON 700 7MM STW SENDERO LIKE NEW IN BOX!!! : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

4. DeerHunter101

DeerHunter101 Well-Known Member

I say go for it. My brother had a Sendero and it was a real shooter and it being in 7mm STW is just icing on the cake.gun)

5. ccrooks

ccrooks Member

Not on "Gougebroker"!! Who can afford the prices people are paying on there? My buddy has it a work.

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

7. etisll40

etisll40 Well-Known Member

7mm is a caliber that has a very high bc and a large and growing bullet selection. It's a man's caliber, capable of taking game with accuracy and power. Next up, 300 wm and then 338 lapua, everyone should have a 7mm stw. Sendero's typically are fairly easy to turn into a shooter, rem got it right with them. They do have collector value too, anyone on here knows that. This site has some incredibly bright and talented people too, go Sendero if the price is right, they are keepers. Take care of it and be safe.

8. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Well-Known Member

How much does he want for it?!?! If you don't buy it at a reasonable price, there are a lot of us who will! :D

9. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

thats one of the best combo's that ever hit the market. buy it!

10. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

CC- with a good scope and ammo it will be good for a LOT longer range than that. and a good investment.

11. marioq

marioq Well-Known Member

Don't forget my PM. Help me if u don't want it