Need Opinion on 7mm stw

Summit,
Here's my take on it. Donor action was a 700 BDL. I'm assuming in 7mmRemMag and was worked over by a gunsmith. Now it is setting in a painted ADL stock which ain't worth much. It probably has a 24" barrel meaning you'll loose precious velocity (7STW's forte). I feel, based on what you described, that minimal gunsmith work was done to get it where it's at right now, and the guy is just trying to recoop his loses.
Will the guy give you the name of the gunsmith or shop? If so call and find out what the rifle came in as, what was done to it and how it left. I know you want it bad, but be patient, make some phone calls. Talk to previous owners, if possible.
If I couldn't fill in some of the "blanks", I'd walk away from it. If it's not what you want, don't do it. You'll never be happy. JohnnyK

not going to do it

Yeah I have done decide to let it pass. I really want to get exactly what I want and That gun wasn't it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.