7mm RUM or STW?

wapiti6x6

Which is better for me? I have been shooting a 7mm Rem mag for many years and want to reach out a little farther and have same or better accuarcy than the Rem mag. My hunting is in mostly open ground for Mulies and Elk here in Colorado. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Opinions and info appreciated. Thanks.

The first bit of info we need is do you reload? If you dont i would go with the 7 rum as there is some decent factory fodder out there while most of the stw stuff is pretty mildly loaded, If you do reload i would go with stw as it lags behind the 7rum by about 50fps and burns less powder doing so. Good luck, you cant go wrong with either.

hyyw8t, yes I am a reloader and plan on shooting only my ammo. I am somewhat familiar with the STW but have no experience with or know anyone personally who owns a RUM. I was hoping that some members here would be able to point out some particulars between the two and maybe point out some strengths and weaknesses. Thanks for your input, hvyw8t. Wapiti6x6.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.