One of everything

I got all my loads worked up years ago. I loaded my 1st round in April 1963.
I keep loaded rounds for 460 on down to 22 Hornet.

I have delegated each rifle to a family member, at least the ones that I haven't already given away.

So far, nobody has spoken for the 460, but I think my grandson will take it.

I have no problem with needing components as I have kept all in stock and haven't needed anything in quite some time.

The only thing I really had a problem with was black powder supplies.
I've built and passed down lots of rifles to my son & daughter, plus the grandkids & a couple of close friends, but like you, no one ever asked me for the 458 Win Mag I built for Africa that didn't pan out. I suspect since I pulled that barrel off about a month ago, it was on the rifle for 20 years, and have gone to a 300 Win Mag I'm guessing I'll have some takers now, but it's the new toy so they'll have to wait for a while before someone can take it home.

I am kind of headed this direction by returning to "standard" cartridges but utilizing more recent bullet opportunities by going with faster twists, longer barrels, longer throats. Put together a 1:8tw .270 on 700LA that surprised the crap out of me in performance after reading @FEENIX .270AI. Not an AI but still way better than std .270. On my way to 06 in same path. Why? Just like OP stated, components easier to find for std cartridges. Heck, a 1:7 .270 may be next after the 06. The .270 fast twist will stay pretty close with the 6.8 Western so why not? Plenty of brass around, can use LR or LRM primers, however, holy grail powder is the RL26 pixie dust which is rarer than politician integrity.
Thanks, Brother Craig! JOC's .270 Win was a sleeper chambering. The sleeping giant awakens with the new faster twist barrels and heavier/higher BC bullets. Have fun and with continued success.

When, I put, a 6 XC Round, in my New, 6.5 Creedmoor rifle, ( Rattled a Bit ) I realized that,.. I'm Probably, close to DONE, buying, New Rifles !
News Flash,.. don't ever get old, guys !
I can't even, Reload Cartridges without, looking at my Data Sheets, anymore !
Used to be able to remember ALL, my "Pet loads", seems like, those Days are, DONE, too !
I am keeping, my Sense of Humor, thru it all, tho !

Last edited: