One of everything

dblman

Having been an active loader for over 60 years I have been fascinated by calibers & loads of various mixes.
Now as I reach mid- seventies and the idiots in charge have made components harder and harder to find, I have narrowed my load selection down and am down to a single caliber in three rifles.
I have settled on the 6.5 CM as I hunt a limited amount for whitetail, hogs and coyotes. Here in Texas we have many hogs and coyotes and I stay after them.
I shoot daily as I live on a farm and have a range behind my house.
Ok, only one caliber, 6.5 CM, one bullet? 140 Hornady ELDM, one case, Lapua SRP, one primer, F205M, one powder,StaBall 6.5, in 3 rifles.
A Savage Precision, a Browning Xbolt Long Range and an Xbolt Pro.
All three shoot the same load very well, 1:4"
to 1/2" MOA out to 500 yds.
I know this is not for everyone and that's ok too. It works for me and I can buy lots of a few components easier that a lot of different stuff. Deadly and accurate, all I need.
Good shootin'

Awesome. I wish I only had one. It would simplify things a lot, as long as you had plenty of components for it. If you find yourself in need of a hand with those hogs and coyotes, I am in Dallas and spend a lot of time in Stephens County.

I wish I could step out my back door and shoot or 500 or so. Although I would be broke paying for components. Loading for one round would save a ton of time and expense though. Minimal setup time. I would probably get a little bored and add a few other options just for the fun of it. Load development keeps my brain busy.

Having been an active loader for over 60 years I have been fascinated by calibers & loads of various mixes.
Now as I reach mid- seventies and the idiots in charge have made components harder and harder to find, I have narrowed my load selection down and am down to a single caliber in three rifles.
I have settled on the 6.5 CM as I hunt a limited amount for whitetail, hogs and coyotes. Here in Texas we have many hogs and coyotes and I stay after them.
Ok, only one caliber, 6.5 CM, one bullet? 140 Hornady ELDM, one case, Lapua SRP, one primer, F205M, one powder,StaBall 6.5, in 3 rifles.
I know this is not for everyone and that's ok too. It works for me and I can buy lots of a few components easier that a lot of different stuff. Deadly and accurate, all I need.
Good shootin'
I think that makes a lot of sense, and really simplifies your life. I enjoy the process of load development and tinkering, but your decision is really smart. That's a really good choice of cartridge too.

I was a 2 rifle guy for many years. A .338 Win. Mag. for most everything and a .17 Rem. for the little critters. But then I decided life was too short to not try a few new things, so now there's a bunch in the safe, but I just shoot factory ammo so don't have to worry about components.

For years I loved new rifles. Buy a new one, work up its favorite loads, shoot it awhile and sell it.
Go on to the next. Guess I got it all out of my system. Just enjoy shooting little bitty groups at extended ranges with these new factory rifles.
Most shoot better than the shooters and cost less than a good scope. Wow.
To each, his own.
Good shootin'.

Good shootin'
What works works! Doesn't matter what anyone else likes or thinks. You know what you've got. Shoot on, enjoy!👍

For years I loved new rifles. Buy a new one, work up its favorite loads, shoot it awhile and sell it.
Go on to the next. Guess I got it all out of my system. Just enjoy shooting little bitty groups at extended ranges with these new factory rifles.
Most shoot better than the shooters and cost less than a good scope. Wow.
To each, his own.
Good shootin'.
Exaaactly!👍