OH NO, PLEASE NO

Orange Dust

On the drive home from work there was a dead snake stretched across I30. Belly up 10-12 feet long. Bright yellow belly. Does not belong on central Arkansas expressway. Was where it crosses a swamp. Not far from the river. Someone please tell my it was a recently escaped pet and didn't travel up river from LA. We don't need this!!!!

What type of snake is it? Around here we see moccasins, corals, copperheads, and rattlers. Not familiar with what you are describing but Arkansas is close so it could already be here?

Is there a way the state/government could stop the spread or atleast really slow the spread of those things? Like a bounty or incentive for people to kill them. I realize it's a snake and seems like it'd be difficult but I'm from West Virginia so I've not had any dealings with those rascals

Is there a way the state/government could stop the spread or atleast really slow the spread of those things? Like a bounty or incentive for people to kill them. I realize it's a snake and seems like it'd be difficult but I'm from West Virginia so I've not had any dealings with those rascals
Best thing they could possibly do is to not place any restrictions on killing them and get out of the way.

i've not heard about them in states other than FL. you would think they'd be down in MS and AL too.

i've not heard about them in states other than FL. you would think they'd be down in MS and AL too.
You would think. They say they have breeding populations in the marsh in LA. Hopefully this one was an escaped pet. We don't need or want them here. I would think the winters would be too cold, but other species of snakes do all too well here.

They are nasty and have done a number on the Everglades, there are areas that are basically sterile, no life at all. They killed every possum, raccoon, deer, bobcat, rat, mouse, etc. One of the most effective methods was to embed a small GPS transmitter in a female and release her then a dozen or more adult males congregate around her and they eliminate them. I hope it isn't a Burmese python in your area.

On the drive home from work there was a dead snake stretched across I30. Belly up 10-12 feet long. Bright yellow belly. Does not belong on central Arkansas expressway. Was where it crosses a swamp. Not far from the river. Someone please tell my it was a recently escaped pet and didn't travel up river from LA. We don't need this!!!!
Only one kind of snake we know about gets that big/length. I seen some huge (TV/Zoo/Stuffed, Skins in diners, business's) Oklahoma and Texas Rattlesnakes. White bellied and not 10' long and if I saw one in wild I would think it was 20' long. Freaking marked lane is normally around 11' lord oh lord snakes give me the heeby jeebys!!

The last time we visited Louisiana I heard folks that stopped commercial fishing to catch snakes for a living.
They are in Mississippi as I overheard 2 fellows going to Honey Island Swamp in south west Mississippi to catch some Pythons.
Alive they bring big bucks,400-500 and larger ones 700 and up.The bigger the more money you make.
I would just shoot them and let them lay.