Chronographed my loads oh no....

as soon as I get a good load and go out to shoot some long range targets i'll post them

Jeremy- you don't need to shoot any further than 100yds for now. Get your charge figured out and then stretch it. However, Don't let me keep you from having any fun!:D!!

I apply graphite by using a dry graphite kit from Sinclair Int. it is a cup with small lead shot and dry graphite. I simply take a clean, sized, primed case and twist the neck into the graphite covered shot before charging with powder. The shot helps to evenly apply the graphite and keep it from clumping in the neck. Then I charge with powder and seat a bullet.

Ah. I was just looking at that today in the catalog. I'd got the container of Imperial dry lube (before they came out with the one with the steel BBs) and it was a PITA, and messy (due to clumping, as mentioned). I'll have to see if I still have that stuff and maybe dump it in a small jar w/ some BBs and see how it works.

Thanks

Monte

I apply graphite by using a dry graphite kit from Sinclair Int. it is a cup with small lead shot and dry graphite. I simply take a clean, sized, primed case and twist the neck into the graphite covered shot before charging with powder. The shot helps to evenly apply the graphite and keep it from clumping in the neck. Then I charge with powder and seat a bullet.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it Shawn, but all I can find on Sinclair's is the Redding Kit?

Yes I sure did, in fact I have some.

Shawn described it as lead shot, that's why I aksed. I found the ceramic stuff less than ideal.

Yes I sure did, in fact I have some.

Shawn described it as lead shot, that's why I aksed. I found the ceramic stuff less than ideal.

I'm glad I read this. What's the deal with that stuff? Meaning what's not ideal about it?

What I found: the ceramic media made for uneven/inconsistent application. I'd dip a few cases and those would be coated good and then the next few would have hardly nothing on them.

Gent's a very nice gentlemen gave me a NECO Neck Lube Kit today. Its steel shot with moly powder mixed in.

Its hands down better than the Imperial Application media at getting a nice even coat on the inside and outside of the neck.

Seated some bullets on a Redding Comp seater and checked depths on a comparator and they were all pretty much indentical with a few here and there varying by +/- .001. That's pretty **** good I'd say.

Reloading Aids, NECO Shopping Cart/Info Guide

Bottom of page.

Enjoy :D

Thanks JLM! It will be interesting to see if this stuff does anything for the uniformity of my ES/SDs of my current loads. They work but could always be better by a couple FPS. I hope it's not just a wives tale:D.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.