OAL for 6.5x55 sweede

RyanG

I will be putting together some loads for a buddy who just purchased a 6.5x55 sweede in a Tikka T3. I got the brass bullets and stuff. My question is that all three of my loading manuals state a different over all case length. I believe that they say max is 3.150...... that is an inch longer than the case. Then for different bullets they have different lengths. at the 2.150 they feed into the mag just fine and chamber....

I will be loading Berger 140 vld's and am looking for the OAL for this... Any help would be awesome...

Thanks

Ryan

I will be putting together some loads for a buddy who just purchased a 6.5x55 sweede in a Tikka T3. I got the brass bullets and stuff. My question is that all three of my loading manuals state a different over all case length. I believe that they say max is 3.150...... that is an inch longer than the case. Then for different bullets they have different lengths. at the 2.150 they feed into the mag just fine and chamber....

I will be loading Berger 140 vld's and am looking for the OAL for this... Any help would be awesome...

Thanks

Ryan

SAAMI COAL=3.150"
Cartridge length=2.165
Trim length=2.155

Always use the bullet man. info on coal for the specific bullet or a load manuals coal
for the specific bullet. bullet length and contact surface change pressures so seating
depth is not the same even though bullet weights may be the same.

Go to the top of this page and see the post on how to find your coal with Berger VLD bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts