Number of Rifle grooves? 4 vs 5 vs 6

Flip of the coin on barrels and grooves

I've had some really good 5 r barrels and 1 avg barrel.
the 4 grooves I've had has all been shooters.
most recent was a hawk hill 4 grove that is amazing. It's on a 300 prc that shoot 215 insanely accurate.
I think any high end barrel is really good
it's more the smith and the reamer used that makes the difference.
one thing is the lands on the 4 groove is bigger. Bite more into a cup and core bullet. Pros and cons there.
4 grooves I move read last longer but I've not document enough on that test

I've always wondered if their recommendations are geared toward excessive inventory to unload. Not saying it's true but I've always wondered about it.
Yes, I thought about that prior to your post. The sales tech told me that Bartlein was running two shifts to keep up with demand and it would only take about 6 months to machine my barrel, and I would have it in time for the fall hunting season. He said that Bartlein had cut back on orders from the big suppliers so they could provide more barrels for individuals like me which was originally the focus of their business. He said that one commercial supplier had made orders for as many as 160 barrels at one time. I asked about military and Government orders and he said they did have some orders but it would not affect my order.

I have nothing to offer here, but interesting topic.

Odd numbers are less intrusive on the bullet, the lands are not across from each other, but I've had several proof barrels with four grooves that shot very well.

Is this anything like a 3 vs. 4 legged stool?

Has anyone noticed if cup and core like something different than monos or vice-versa?

I have known several match shooters with the Shilen Rachet rifling that had good success.

A friend has an HK polygonal barrel on a custom AR 15 in 223 that shoots very well. Somehow he and I got a Polygonal barrel blank each back in the late 80s. The gunsmith put his polygonal barrel on the AR, and I traded mine for a chambering job.