Number of Rifle grooves? 4 vs 5 vs 6

GetReel

Picking out a new barrel for a 30 Nosler. Will be having it throated for a 215 Hybrid.
I'm looking at 9 twist variants and never thought of number of grooves. I've heard of 5R and done a little research but haven't been fully satisfied with the answers I found.
I'd like your thoughts on 4 vs 5 vs 6 groove.

Picking out a new barrel for a 30 Nosler. Will be having it throated for a 215 Hybrid.
I'm looking at 9 twist variants and never thought of number of grooves. I've heard of 5R and done a little research but haven't been fully satisfied with the answers I found.
I'd like your thoughts on 4 vs 5 vs 6 groove.
Odd numbers are less intrusive on the bullet, the lands are not across from each other, but I've had several proof barrels with four grooves that shot very well.

I've had 3, 4, 5R, and 6 groove barrels. I haven't really had an issue with any of them other than the 4 groove that was a bad barrel in general and the 6 groove barrels were factory Remingtons. I've been liking the Lilja 3G barrels a lot. They seem to clean up, shoot great, and are fast without pressuring up as early as I expect. I don't think it matters a whole lot for accuracy. I think a good barrel is a good barrel. Look around at what the benchrest and F-Class guys are using.

I would recommend that when you go to a barrel manufacturer to buy a barrel that you ask them for their recommendations for that particular barrel that you are buying. I recently ordered a 7 MM Bartlein barrel and the tech at Bartlein who took my order told me that for the particular barrel, cartridge, caliber and twist that I wanted the 5R was the best choice for the particular barrel I was ordering. I appreciated his recommendations and I ordered 5R. The answer would have been different had I chosen a smaller bore diameter.

Personally after building many target style rifles with 3,4 & 6 grooves, the 4 groove appears to not only be very accurate, but lasts longer.
I only ever used 3 grooves on my own .223 cal barrels and this was a big mistake, it didn't work and caused many issues. I had but one 5R barrel and never fired it, my Dad has it now. I don't know how it shoots, but it is one of the nicest bores prior to shooting that I have seen besides cut rifled custom barrels.

Cheers.

All three groove Lilja and X caliber barrels have shot very well for me. My preference is A four-groove Brux, Krieger, Rock Creek, and Muller on cut rifle barrels with button rifle barrels being Hart and Lilja at the top of the choices.

I never thought that I would say it, but the Wilson SS barrels are shooting exceptionally for me.

I have a three-grove, three-R barrel from X Caliber that I am playing with now in a six Dasher, and I have not shot it enough to evaluate it.

I believe the gunsmith that this indicating the barrel in for chambering is a much more important factor than the number of grooves.

I would recommend that when you go to a barrel manufacturer to buy a barrel that you ask them for their recommendations for that particular barrel that you are buying. I recently ordered a 7 MM Bartlein barrel and the tech at Bartlein who took my order told me that for the particular barrel, cartridge, caliber and twist that I wanted the 5R was the best choice for the particular barrel I was ordering. I appreciated his recommendations and I ordered 5R. The answer would have been different had I chosen a smaller bore diameter.
I've always wondered if their recommendations are geared toward excessive inventory to unload. Not saying it's true but I've always wondered about it.